Jeep people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to be a Jeep people… Had a 14 Jk and a 17 JKUR, but couldn’t justify the terrible service I received at literally all local okc dealers, and the fact I had to take it in so often for service. The Jk was up to $9000 in warranty claims before I traded it in for the JKUR. Think I woulda learned my lesson, but nope. Started down the same path on the 2017 before I said forget it.
For the same price as my last wrangler I got a GX460 and have never looked back. And think, it even has auto roll up windows! Who woulda thought for $40k.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If my life was wrapped around an overpriced hobby I think I'd have to re-evaluate. Exception... I know some guys that bought projects for a couple grand and have a bast. But dumping many K's into a new (ish) one. Never getting it dirty and tolerating a horrible ride. Those peeps are LOCO

I knew someone in TX that did the same thing in the late 90's Maybe had like 60-70K in his. Paid SAM's to do it all. My older brother though it was so cool that he sunk every dime he had into his 87 putting big tires wheels and a 350 TPI engine into it. At least he turned the wrenches himself Both sold for a fraction when the love for the hobby died.

Maybe you got it a little off I think weird people end up loving the JEEP.
I know. Every time I sell a Jeep I tell the customer this should be the last time it is this clean.............

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I eventually had to resort to this and point on occasion when driving the trail rig with the doors off lol.

20160924_144319_zpscihmc4ld.jpg

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys that complain about these Jeeps just keep getting the wrong one.

I've never owned a Jeep Jeep, but I have several friends who do. One of my buddies trades his off every couple years to stay on top of the warranty, & no matter what he has, the Jeep spends a bunch of time in the shop.
Another buddy has a mid 80s CJ7 that is built really sweet with just a plain AMC 304 engine & manual transmission. He did add air conditioning in it, but it hardly every is on because the top is hardly ever on. This Jeep just keeps on going, is hardly ever on the lift or in the shop, except for the short amount of time that it is getting its regular service. This Jeep has no Computerized ****, electronic servos, or sensors to go out & cause something to go wrong. & I think it is better balanced than the new Jeeps cause it can & will go places that the newer ones won't.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve owned two Jeeps. A 1974 CJ-5 and a 53 Willys. The first I had to sell because of a divorce. The second I sold because I was offered a lot more than I paid for it.

I wouldn’t mind having an older one to tinker with.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're upset because you are having to be nice? Just kidding. The wave is a jeep thing but not only jeeps. It is also motorcycles, corvettes and sometimes mustangs. If you come to western Oklahoma it doesn't matter what you drive or ride you can expect people to wave. :)
When a friend of mine got his "grownup" job, the first place they sent him to work was around Jet. He said after living in cities for years, he'd forgotten about waving at other drivers in rural areas, and he thought his hand was going to fall off from it.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the jacked up rigs never touch dirt. Mall crawlers we call them. I would see real jeepers get upset at "those" people, but I'm thankful they buy jeeps. If it wasn't for the grocery getting crowd buying the jewelry for their jeeps, the innovation in extras would be 10% of what's out there.
Nephew works in an auto shop in Tulsa. He said it's crazy how many people buy a 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4 brand new off the lot and then bring it to him to put another $10-20,000 of wheels, tires, lift kit, lights, stereo and many other extras on a $50-70,000 dollar vehicle and it never sees dirt. Blacktop only. Most don't want the wheels, tires, bumpers and other stuff he takes off of them and he makes a killing selling the extra parts.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom