Jeep people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Disagree. Try a diesel JL!

IMG_0332.JPG

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a 4x4 and was dead-set on getting a Jeep a few years ago. That is, until reading all of the reviews and info that I could find on them. I now think that most people buy Jeep's just to say that they have one.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t get truck people whose dong need to haul or tow things, super car owners, drag racers, or sell revolver people. Good thing their enjoyment of such things doesn’t involve me getting it.

I finally put a real top on my TJ a month or so ago. Feels weird.

It’s a completely impractical vehicle, rides rough, gets terrible mpg, wanders all over the road, has many quirks. Yet is insanely fun in the snow and off road. I’m a complete addict and have been since I first rode in one when I was 4 years old.
I didn’t care until I was forced to drive one. Now that it “involves” me I think I’m allowed to have an opinion. In my best Soup Nazi voice………. “No Jeep wave for you”!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys crack me up. If you aren’t mechanically inclined or don’t like working on vehicles, you should never own a Jeep. I bought this because I like working on vehicles.

I bought it a couple years ago with the CIL on. Since then, I completely went through the engine just to get it on the road. I’ve done other modifications that most Jeep owners will never see or really appreciate, it’s basically a trail sleeper, lol.

And yes, I will wave at other Jeep drivers that wave at me. It’s just a habit now, even if I’m in my 2500HD or the wife’s 4Runner, but usually don’t get a wave back. Lol

975C16E0-AD65-4CD4-B659-3FF0998BEDB5.jpeg

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eco diesel in a newer jeep only 24 MPG.
That MPG is Oldsmobile 350 diesel MPG actually a little less.
That eco diesel makes 2x more HP and 2X more TQ than the Oldsmobile though.

I would bet a revamp of some of that power could possibly get you a 40+MPG diesel Jeep

The diesel wranglers in Europe and Australia average 42mpg equivalent... Everybody in america is in someones pocket. Can't get too many people used to good mileage. Might crash the economy

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The diesel wranglers in Europe and Australia average 42mpg equivalent... Everybody in america is in someones pocket. Can't get too many people used to good mileage. Might crash the economy

Get rid of the emissions and gain at least 15 mpg.
My 2500HD L5P will get 24 before the regeneration of the DPF when it dumps fuel into the exhaust, then it will drop to 8 mpg during the regen. It will average 17 mpg and for a 6,500 lbs 4x4 truck, that's still not "bad".

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a ‘99 Wrangler that I love. Top is off in all but extreme weather. Bought it several years back when my back got so bad I couldn’t ride the motorcycle any more. So, it’s my bike replacement. Not as much fun, but close!

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20180526_130606.jpg

I have had probably a dozen in my 61 years, never a bad one. I 've gone places my buddies couldn't get their 4x4 trucks through. the newer ones aren't comfortable for someone my size but I still love them

Latest posts

Top Bottom