Jericho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My lovely wife and I just finished a Jericho marathon, and she thoroughly enjoyed the series. This made me quite happy as I thought it was a very original look at a post-apocalyptic USA, and it was quite well-acted to boot.

The premise, for those who might not have seen the series, is that a large number US cities are taken out by atomic blasts and a mysterious stranger appears in Jericho, a a small town in NW Kansas, and it chronicles the terrible events that followed.

Well-acted, it takes the form of a serial (soap opera, if you will) with events unfolding that are then woven into future episodes until the eventual revelation of who was behind the bombs happens in the final episode.

There are factual errors, but they are few and mostly insignificant and the main theme is not too terribly convincing. The series is, however, exciting and aspects of it will be very familiar to readers of post-apocalyptic literature.

As I said earlier, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

It has been released to DVD.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched it a number of years ago. I used to have the DVDs but they've been misplaced over the years. I enjoyed it. It kind of had a taste of "Alas Babylon" book from the 50's to it. If I could find my DVDs, I'd take another spin through it...

Besides, how can a series with a lead ACTOR named Skeet go wrong...lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom