Jerry's Reloading store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's some good reloading stuff in McAlester. I certainly wouldn't call that close to you, but sometimes it's fun to take a 3hr road trip on a weekend. Get some good food, and make a day of it. It was a 4 hour round trip for me, but I made it a few months back because I could buy as many CCI small pistol primers as wanted at $38 a brick. I ended up getting those primers, a new swage kit, and some smaller items. Very much worth the drive, and found some good grub there too.
Well in the past i was on 24/7/365 on duty call so couldnt travel to far and now im unemployed and paycheck cut in half for now so having to watch the budget but i am stocked up for the next 4 or 5 years as of right now if i dont go crazy and get a wild hair and do more shooting than i normally do.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not Winchester,
But had plenty of Fiochi LRM primers.
No SP or SR either.

He also had a large bunch of off brand LRM primers, made in Ukraine. The looked of decent quality, so I bought some of those in the LR primers.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
& powder valley has no powder (at least no powder that i can use) available for sale right now. Anything they get is already earmarked for shipment.

I've been checking with powder valley every couple weeks

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
& powder valley has no powder (at least no powder that i can use) available for sale right now. Anything they get is already earmarked for shipment.

They are the biggest reloading supplier in the US if I remember right.
They do sell out pretty quickly on popular items during this shortage.
Good for you getting what you needed![emoji16]

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
very nice folks at Jerry's .. they had the .270 copper projectiles I needed last year. thank goodness I stocked up on basic supplies long ago. who would have thunk primers would be scarce? that basic 9mm/556 be about a buck a round???

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. who would have thunk primers would be scarce
I would. I have been preaching about stocking up on primers for years.

Several powders can be made to work, but without a primer, nothing goes bang.

I have been through several of these shortages, and primers have always disappeared.

I was caught short in the Clinton Regime, back in 1993. I vowed to not be caught again. So far I haven't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom