• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Jersey heifer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looking to buy a Jersey heifer for future milk cow, the less $$ spent the better.. Went and looked at 1 last night and the fellow had mentioned he thought about keeping her.. Well after travel and an hour of good conversation he deleted his ad.. Hopefully he'll call us as she was just what we wanted..
20200520_173919.jpg

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no cattle expert but that doesn't look like a jersey or a heifer to me. [emoji16]
There isn’t even the most remote possibility that she has any Jersey in her.
That doesn’t mean she won’t give milk if she has a calf on her.
Her mama has quite a bag on her.
Attention:@RickN

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
https://tulsa.craigslist.org/grd/d/claremore-jersey-cross-dairy-calf/7152969843.html

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/grd/d/chelsea-jersey-cow/7150240569.html

Just a couple options I saw in my area. If you find something up in my part of the state I’ll haul it closer to you or even all the way if you need.

You da man bro.. If we find ourselves in need we'll holler.. Thank you J

Looked at the Jersey x Guernsey calf in Claremore and it was going to be too big with the Guernsey influence.. Would like to stay under 1k and get something that has been handled.. The 2 17 mos that we looked at were darn nice but no word from him yet..

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My brother bought a Jersey cow with a calf and some kind of desirable genetic marker last year, but she turned out to be closer to the end of her milking career than advertised (she's only been working on three spigots), so he bought a cow of a different breed from some place in Bartlesville. I don't know her breed, and the black baldy calf that came with her isn't hers (although she's supposed to be the same age), but I think she's smaller than the Jersey, and she seems to give good milk.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My brother bought a Jersey cow with a calf and some kind of desirable genetic marker last year, but she turned out to be closer to the end of her milking career than advertised (she's only been working on three spigots), so he bought a cow of a different breed from some place in Bartlesville. I don't know her breed, and the black baldy calf that came with her isn't hers (although she's supposed to be the same age), but I think she's smaller than the Jersey, and she seems to give good milk.

That desirable marker is likely A2 A2, not sure of the specifics but the milk is said to be easier to digest and better for the lactose intolerant folks.. There's some folks in the Bartlesville area that flip quite a few milk cows, typically Holsteins or jerseys.. To the best of my knowledge the Jersey is the smallest of the production milk breeds, it also has the highest butterfat content.. I'll keep my eye on craigslist and in time will find something good..

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A2 sounds right. The new cow might be a Holstein; her build looks like the old Jersey to my uneducated eye, but she's predominantly black. She actually looks like a patchwork cow...

Latest posts

Top Bottom