Jester Caves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any cave explorers here. This cave is pretty long and fairly roomy. There used to be a stream through it you couldn’t avoid.
But it’s been over 50 years since I went in them. I don’t have the stones for it anymore.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been through several caves in eastern OK, including the largest cave system in the state. No guided tours in Jeeps with well-lit chambers - this is the real stuff where you’re strongly encouraged to wear coveralls and a helmet, and knee and elbow pads, and to take at least three sources of light, and water and energy bars. Chest waders necessary in a couple of these caves…

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any cave explorers here. This cave is pretty long and fairly roomy. There used to be a stream through it you couldn’t avoid.
But it’s been over 50 years since I went in them. I don’t have the stones for it anymore.

Just developed ones like in state and national parks. Our youngest son really likes theo caves and caverns. He and my wife toured some in Virginia back in the early 2000's when he was out in Virginia on some assignment for his work at the time. They toured at least two that I can remember. Maybe more.

Then, in 2016, he and I toured Oregon Caves near Grants Pass, OR. Then last year, we went to see Ruby Falls, which is a 145 foot waterfall inside of a cavern. Then just last week, we toured Wind Cave and Jewel Cave near Hill City, SD.

But, we don't do the crawling through cave things.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Caves are fun. Been to the following: Lost Lake, Squire Boon Caverns, Mammoth caves, Arcadian Copper Mine and Inner Space Cavern in Texas. Unfortunately all were very touristy. The copper mine was very memorable, they had fluorescent and phosphorescent minerals. That was many decades ago, I was a child with my parents on a family vacation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom