Jets over Tulsa/BA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Tulsa Air Guard base runs an “air show” nearly every day as pilots fly to get their hours that keep the flight pay coming. I worked at Memorial & the BA Expressway, right under the standard landing approach for TIA. It was easy to tell the military jets from the commercial by just the sound.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can go to ADSB Exchange dot com. Then move the map to cover Tulsa. Then you will see icons of planes flying. Touch your mouse onto, or click on, the airplane icon. Then you can read what kind of plane it is and who it belongs to. For civilian and commercial planes it will show you the Nnumber. You can take that Nnumber (tail number) and go to the FAA website and plug that into the registration search block and it will tell you more about it.

Right now, 1:27 AM, there are only 2 aircraft flying over/around Tulsa. Looks like a City of Tulsa helicopter, I assume Police. The other is a 47 year old crapbox freight hauler.

Last edited by a moderator:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can go to ADSB Exchange dot com. Then move the map to cover Tulsa. Then you will see icons of planes flying. Touch your mouse onto, or click on, the airplane icon. Then you can read what kind of plane it is and who it belongs to. For civilian and commercial planes it will show you the Nnumber. You can take that Nnumber (tail number) and go to the FAA website and plug that into the registration search block and it will tell you more about it.

Right now, 1:27 AM, there are only 2 aircraft flying over/around Tulsa. Looks like a City of Tulsa helicopter, I assume Police. The other is a 47 year old shitbox freight hauler.
Thanks for the tidbit. I use Flightradar24 app but it never shows the fighter planes it seems. Sometimes I can see bigger military aircraft and always helos, but never see the smaller fighters. Wonder if that’s for a reason?

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little off topic but thought it was interesting. The other day when Facebook went down about a half hour later I saw something I’d never seen before. Two AWACs flying next to each other heading south. I seen one every now and then often, but don’t recall seeing two next to each other. My first thought was ‘Oh crap it’s going down!’ 😆

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! I want to make the ADSB a sticky so it's always running! Just saw two helos depart from El Reno and head NW to their Chinese mob Kingfisher and Blaine county MJ underground grow loactions. :bolt:

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little off topic but thought it was interesting. The other day when Facebook went down about a half hour later I saw something I’d never seen before. Two AWACs flying next to each other heading south. I seen one every now and then often, but don’t recall seeing two next to each other. My first thought was ‘Oh crap it’s going down!’ 😆
I have had the gut feelng something drastic is about to happen! I have had this feeling the last couple of years during all this craziness, I hope I'm wrong! My mother could literally predict things before they happened, I have witnessed this many times. In 1944 my father was in combat in Germany, my mother and older brother, a baby my father had never seen, were spending the night with her parents, in Arkansas. She awoke at 3:00 am. and knew dad had been shot! She woke everyone else up, and of course they told her it was just a dream. A few days later she received a telegram that dad had been wounded, and was in route to a military hospital in Texas. When he was able to have a leave and came home, they compared the date and time of her dream, and his being wounded, and given the time zone differences, they matched perfectly!

Latest posts

Top Bottom