Jets over Tulsa/BA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those would have been Northrop T-38 trainers from Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls TX. I was stationed there 1975-78. Back then they were teaching Germans and Iranians how to fly.
Yep. I call them lawn darts because of their shape. I knew they came from Sheppard. They don't train in them at Tinker, Vance or Altus.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think that’s noisy, you should be sitting in a truck in between the runways working emergency standby when they take off with full afterburners.

Reading what you posted, I'm reminded of something I saw on the news during Desert Storm. Iraqi conscripts were huddled in foxholes all over their perimeter with no real notion of what they were supposed to accomplish.

We were flying 3,000 sorties a day over those guys. When a fighter jet passed over, they slumped in their foxhole and covered their ears. That would definitely be a demoralizing predicament.

Even then, America was heading into the dustbin of history, but we sure were the big dog in the meathouse.

Tracy O

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In '03 before President Bush's deadline date, we were predeployed to Aludeid airbase in Qatar waiting to be flow in to north of Bagdad. On the night the air campaign started we were all lined up on the fliteline fence watching as the first aircraft took off. It was one of those you had to be there moments, watching every fighter in airforce inventory take off. The first to leave were F-16s with full combat load, as soon as their wheels left the ground they went vertical under full afterburner combat power. Never thought a plane with that much weight could move that fast going straight up. It was awesome, my first thought was now payback begins.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think that’s noisy, you should be sitting in a truck in between the runways working emergency standby when they take off with full afterburners.
I was working at Boeing in Wichita which is right next to McConnell AFB. You shoulda heard the SR71 taking off at night. Then you shoulda heard the Boeing employee's car alarms sounding off.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1633809702625.png

What the hell is this track? What is he practicing?

Latest posts

Top Bottom