JG 10/22 Bolt Lock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey Dustin, Off topic here but you have had the 4seven flashlight for a little bit now, what do you think? For a little single 123a battery key chain sized light its pretty dang cool. Have you been able to get into the hidden modes for the strobe, sos, and Beacon?

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is it a flashlight or a video game?
Its a flashlight that takes a single 123a battery 180 lumins max or 3 lumin minimum. its has three brightness settings, will run for 1hr on max and 150 minutes on minimum

It has hidden modes that take you into a strobe,or will pound out a true sos code, or choose two other modes that are a beacon in either high or low so every 10 seconds it will turn the flashlight on then back off in either a high lumin or low lumin depending on your setting. If your in a lost or stranded emergency you can set it on beacon low and get 88hrs run time

They have a new one I just learned about while looking up the specs for this post. Its boasting a new max lumin at 252 and minimum 1.5 lumin

View attachment 33947

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You can use a .223 case to hold the bolt closed too. Fits right behind the handle. I like this design, but for $100 he can keep it. No way it costs even $20 to make that.

Here let me get on my :soapbox:

Now how much does it really cost to thread a barrel?

I bet to make those parts a guy would need a mill, and a lathe for a one time one off part, if it were to be replicated possibly add a water jet or a something like it to cut out multiple parts, that equipment normally isn't free. The materials aren't free the r&d wasn't free the labor spent making the final product isn't free. I agree a 100.00 is a chunk of change but it is marketed to a class of gun owner that has already spent a lot of money on a long series of expensive toys...I am in the NFA section right? And I'll end with a smiley face cuz this is a light hearted reply...your still awesome in my book. :thumbup3:

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't cost me anything. I have a guy. :D

Honestly though these aren't the same thing. The original part for R&D probably cost a couple hundred in time and materials. He's not doing one off custom work any more past that point. Probably just middle manning parts at this point. Every time I thread a barrel, I take the same amount of time or longer than the last one. Some of them do not want to indicate in the 4 jaw. It's weird. Anyway... Every time he runs out of stock, he probably makes a phone call or sends an email. I feel like looking at the parts required, if he's spending anywhere over $50 a set to have them produced, he's doing it wrong. But then again, I could also be talking out of my rear again. Sometimes things cost more to make then they appear they should.

Latest posts

Top Bottom