Jif Peanut Butter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone suffered ill effects from eating any of the recalled Jif Peanut Butter? I've got 4 jars of the stuff, in the 48oz size! So far, no ill effects, but I'll be trashing it all after I figure out how to get a refund.

Jif Peanut Butter Recall :puke:

Woody
We have three jars, but I used the UPC numbers in the link and verified that none of mine were involved in the recall. Which is good, because all three of them are mostly empty. Son is the one who eats most of the PBJ's around here, so I'm not sure why all three jars are open.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have three jars, but I used the UPC numbers in the link and verified that none of mine were involved in the recall. Which is good, because all three of them are mostly empty. Son is the one who eats most of the PBJ's around here, so I'm not sure why all three jars are open.
Because all kids are brain damaged... :rollingla

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got sick on that salmonella in the Skippy peanut butter a few years back. About that time I had stated eating pears by the bushel and thought I was getting too much pectin or some such. When I found out it was the Skippy, I was quite relieved. I swore off Skippy. Now it has to be Jif. I guess it'll be Peter Pan or some other brand up at bat. I'll be damned if I have to give up peanut butter all together! For me it is a staple!

Maybe I'll have to grow my own peanuts...

Woody
I recommend the Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter. It has a simple ingredient list: Peanuts and 1% or less of salt. Since there's no emulsifiers, you have to stir it up to mix the peanut oil back in the butter. You can slow the separation by refrigerating it between uses. Since I switched to this, regular peanut butter tastes way too sweet.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone suffered ill effects from eating any of the recalled Jif Peanut Butter? I've got 4 jars of the stuff, in the 48oz size! So far, no ill effects, but I'll be trashing it all after I figure out how to get a refund.

Woody
Our jar was apparently part of the recall. I had already eaten about a 1/4 of it without any ill effects.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Woody
We had 4 of the giant jars of Jif bought at Costco. We verified they were in the recall and called Costco. They have all your purchases logged, so they told us to throw them away and issued a credit to our CC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom