Jim Davis Museum Auction July 26, 27 & 28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For you youngsters, you missed a real experience back in the sixties.
As a kid, going to the J.M.Davis hotel was always fun. Climbing on the cannons in the lobby or getting to go up to the various rooms with my dad to look at a gun. There were so many guns that you told Mr.Davis what you were looking for and you went to a particular hotel room that was full of that type gun.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
J.M. as in John Monroe Davis not Jim, and the aren't closing just selling some that will never be displayed

Selling duplicate antique firearms pointed out in post #13

s3.amazonaws.com_auctionmobility_wordpress_node_4_wp_content_u653f47b23dd8afd8b9c8c07f776bbf4d.jpg

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a kid, going to the J.M.Davis hotel was always fun. Climbing on the cannons in the lobby or getting to go up to the various rooms with my dad to look at a gun. There were so many guns that you told Mr.Davis what you were looking for and you went to a particular hotel room that was full of that type gun.
I remember the long guns stored muzzle down and the oil stains on the carpets and floors

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The first time I saw that collection was as a kid in the hotel. The Punt gun used to poach ducks from a Punt type boat was about the only thing I remember from that trip. Fast forward to 2019, we had an eat and gawk at the JM Davis museum with OSA members.
I looked hard for that punt gun and didn’t see it. May have been on an aisle that was missed?
Great place to see some eye candy in any case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom