Job loyalty...anybody still got it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent 7y at one hospital, started as a security guard and then went to EMT school and transferred to EMS. Left to go on to school.

4 years each at 2 ERs, then I moved to primary care and bought in to a private clinic - been here 3 years. Don't have much in the way of retirement savings yet, so it's gonna be a few years. Although... I think the .gov is going to collude with insurance companies and/or Medicare to squeeze us so bad I think it's unlikely we'll be able to stay private and independently-owned for the next 20.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was younger I work for 10 years at Berryman Products (Texas Saddlebags)....I was blessed with good friends there and I miss them to this day

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked for the now bought out solo cup for 23 years.

Started in june of 1984 at the age of 18 making $3.54 an hour, walked out the door early 2007, said goodbye good riddance. Started out working swing shift and nights, was clean up for the print shop and was treated like ****, but I stuck it out, climbed up the ranks in the shop so to speak. When I left I was the lead mechanic, trainer for day shift. I left not because of the work, which I actually enjoyed, I left due to piss poor management.

Been at my current gig for going on 15 years, its retail, has its up and downs, but I have set hours, weekends off, and within my time here make $10 more an hour than I did at solo when I left after 23 years. Not bad money, keeps me around, I have a decent house, fairly new tundra, few guns, some ammo, cold beer, meat for the bge, eh its pretty good.

I am as loyal to them as they are to me. Above that nope, sorry not pissing my life away anymore, did that for 23 years at solo and in the end it got me nothing.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got a 10 year appreciation certificate in the mail yesterday. The package included a code for a gift valued at $200.
I’ve been here for 9 years. I spent some time at a company that was spun off to file bankruptcy. A year was bridged from that company, so ten years.
Not many companies like this left. The liberals are trying their best to kill it.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I am as loyal to them as they are to me. Above that nope, sorry not pissing my life away anymore...
I have told bosses to their face that an employee should be as loyal as the employer will let them be.
Never got a look of approval from bosses for saying that.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Started with USPS as a letter carrier in 1979 at $7.27 an hour. Retired in 2011 as District Operations Manager at a little more than that. My 3000 hours of sick leave and 4 years USMC gave me a total of 37 years and 4 months civil service retirement credit. Still pretty loyal to USPS as you can tell by some of my posts.

Mr Sean

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking through my wallet last night and I noticed the date on my commission card - 04/21/2005.

16 years. Wow! Where did it go?

How about you? Anybody worked the same job for more than 5 years? 10 years? 15? 20 or more? Anybody retire from the only job you ever had? I just feel like nobody stays at one job anymore. Change my mind.

It will be 13 years next month for me. Longest job I've had and hopefully the last

Latest posts

Top Bottom