Job loyalty...anybody still got it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked for a company for 15 years,one for 10 and another for 5.I know several people that worked for halliburton for 35 years and got a rolex on their 35th anniversary.They deserved the rolex after that long.I was with halliburton for 4 months and was asked to leave.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was with my last big box retailer for 13 years until July of last year. I'm still on a planned (by me) hiatus for just a bit longer. Put back enough to sustain me for a couple years to recharge and decide what I'm gonna do for my last 10 or so years of future employment.

I think that I really found the Genie in the lamp --- and made the perfect wish, to always have what I need. It's worked out pretty well so far!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last job with OG&E Sooner Power plant in instrumentation and Control system’s maintenance for 16 years. Previous employer was Smith tool as a C&C machine tool electronic maintenance tech for 16 years as well.
Wife retired with 43 years at one job. The first and only job she ever had. Had to lie about her age to get in the door. She started in accounting and retired at the same job.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
8 years but not sure about "loyalty". I move around a lot on base so, been there a bit, but always looking for better opportunities. Employers don't show loyalty, why should anyone else.

I have been on base 1.5 years so far and you are 100% correct, people jump around like grasshoppers out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom