Job loyalty...anybody still got it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on my second stint at a company I worked for early on in my career. 12 years total. Had a terrible boss the first time around. All female management that seemed to drum up nothing but drama and infighting. Finally decided I'd rather sleep well at night than work for them b***hes anymore. Company made some management changes, made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and now things seem to be firing on all cylinders. Solid lead-from-the-front management and a team of people that all carry their own weight. Life's good for now. As long as the deposits happen on time, I'll keep telling the headhunters no thanks. Even then, I'll never work for a bunch of women again.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm Just over 18 years at the same company doing my sales gig. Mostly good people, great health and medical and pretty decent retirement with a fair amount of freedom.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been loyal to a few jobs and I've been loyal to a few wives. I've also been loyal to relatives and friends. None of them were ever loyal to me, so I let them go.

Seems loyalty is scarce in my world. The longest job I had was 15 years.

Yep. Same here. Grumpy is the only person whose been true to his word. I don't even know how many jobs I've had. Each change was a bump in pay for me, so they were kinda necessary. 3 kids and no child support will do that to a woman. Spent all those years in the same industry though -- if I hadn't been raising kids by myself I would have liked to have gone to law school. Oh well ...

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worked for a guy for 18 years. He got married, and his wife tried to take over the place.

I got fed up, went in to give him 2 weeks notice. He said 'just put your keys on the desk and go.'

After 18 years.

I've been self-employed for 22 years now. I like it; it gives me some flexibility, and I'm not in the same place every day. I can see semi-retirement in 7-10 years, but I have no plan to retire anytime soon.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost 14 at the last place, been at this one for 21 next month.

There is no loyalty, they like me because I'm drama-free, dependable and make them money. When I can no longer do that, they'll send me on down the road like so many others. It's a harsh world, but not so bad if you know the rules.

Any of y'all that work an hourly wage without a union may realize this at some point. The union don't love you either, but they rely on your support and that buys their representation when the company is about to show you what they think of loyalty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom