Job Opening ... Director of FBI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An awful lot of federal employees are covered by various Civil Service laws specifically to protect them from the whims of the political class. I'd be surprised if the rank-and-file of the FBI didn't enjoy some protection.
Rank and file enjoy Merit Systems Protection Board rights. Those rights do not apply to Senior Executive Service positions.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this would be from the RICO grand jury...

ANNAPOLIS, Md. —

The FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at an office of a GOP fundraiser/consulting firm in Annapolis, the 11 News I-Team has learned.

The investigation is being run out of Washington, not locally, the I-Team has learned.

The firm is touted for pioneering the use of technology in political campaigns, and it represents GOP candidates nationwide.
Thursday the FBI raided the Annapolis offices of a Republican fundraising consultancy run by Kelley
Rogers that has ties to the Trump Taj Mahal through Penn National Gaming. However, the Senate Intelligence Committee has been looking into possible money laundering fines issued on the Taj in 2015.

According to Newsweek Dennis Whitfield, one of the senior advisors to Rogers’ firm, the Strategic Campaign Group, is also a director in a political consulting firm with Paul Manafort and Roger Stone. Both Stone and Manafort were top campaign advisors to President Donald Trump during the 2016 election and are reportedly under investigation for their ties to Russia.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rank and file enjoy Merit Systems Protection Board rights. Those rights do not apply to Senior Executive Service positions.
Yes, I'm well aware of the distinction. You made the statement that "All of them serve at the pleasure of the President... [emphasis mine]." The emphasized words are the critical ones; I posit that not "all of them" are at the pleasure of the president.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Not all serve at the Pleasure of the President, not should they. My point was simply that in the interest of the Country, why not actually try to be proactive versus reactive with regard to the obvious possibilities of hurt feelings and egos. These guys, most of them that I have met or worked with are a pretty decent bunch. Their boss just got fired and there must be feelings that go to both extremes of the spectrum. I am sure some are elated Comey is gone, and others that are fuming at his dismissal. In either case there should be an understanding that the mission continues and is not only allowed to continue but supported fully by the President. If the FBI says as a whole that it is too soon to meet and talk with POTUS, then is that really the feelings of the majority, or the feelings of senior management?

Latest posts

Top Bottom