Joe Biden on Memorial Day: ‘The Constitution, the Second Amendment Was Never Absolute’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed.

One more thing: gun-control (gun ban) advocates will tell us that we engage in a logical fallacy here called the 'camel's nose' argument which works like this: 'A' is proposed, and is opposed on the basis that if we allow 'A', then 'B' will follow and then 'C'. Before you know it, we are at 'Z', which for sure and for certain is a place that we don't want to be.

A common example is DUI checkpoints. Opponents warn us that this is only the first step towards giving the police more power, then warrantless, mandatory auto searches are next, and eventually, they can search our homes on a whim.

The reason that this is a logical fallacy is that 'B' and then 'C', etc., do not necessarily have to follow 'A'. 'A' could very well be where it ends.

However, care must be taken because sometimes, those who advocate for one thing have something further in mind. I give you gentle people the following:

"I'm convinced that we have to have federal legislation to build on. We're going to have to take one step at a time, and the first step is necessarily -- given the political realities -- going to be very modest. Of course, it's true that politicians will then go home and say, 'This is a great law. The problem is solved.' And it's also true that such statements will tend to defuse the gun-control issue for a time. So then we'll have to strengthen that law, and then again to strengthen that law, and maybe again and again. Right now, though, we'd be satisfied not with half a loaf but with a slice. Our ultimate goal -- total control of handguns in the United States -- is going to take time. My estimate is from seven to ten years. The problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns sold in this country. The second problem is to get them all registered. And the final problem is to make the possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition -- except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors -- totally illegal."

Nelson P. 'Pete' Shields, founder of Handgun Control, Inc. The New Yorker, July 26, 1976

Who is to say that handguns are not just the first step? Will the restrictions end after military-style rifles? After handguns? Who knows what they will think of then? Varmint guns as 'sniper rifles', perhaps?

I don't want to take the first step. Does anybody here? I hope not.

We can't take the first step. The first step was taken back in 1934. All We the People can do is push them back.

I can't tell you when the turning back of the infringements point will be reached, but it is getting closer and closer each and every day. Just be warned that when it starts, all you will have to win the day is how you prepare in advance.

Woody

Our force of arms, the right to keep and bear arms that the Constitution forbids this or any government under it to infringe, must be cleaned, polished, and PUT ON PARADE from time to time. This must be done so that those who would usurp our freedoms, or dictate their unrighteous causes, or enslave us under some self-serving tyranny, will know to remain humble before us and keep their distance. B.E.Wood

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny how Canada is close to cracking down hard on hand guns, and at the same time Biden is saying 9mm bullets blow lungs out of bodies...
Maybe the script is changing to go after handguns.
Cannon's Weren't allowed - Lie, we know they were,
Dr Showed him and X-Ray of a .22 versus a 9mm - Possible, but not probable, Did he even go to the hospital? Would a Dr. take the time to show him? Probably not.
Lung blown out of the body by a 9mm - again possible if the bullet is going Mach 22 Lie, but again how many people died because EMS forgot to get the lung at the scene of the shooting?
High Caliber? THC infused bullets and cartridges?

Totally sick of the lies and lack of knowledge and misfiring neurons. When garbage like this is spewed from the mouths of politicians, there is no true way of debating them and having a conversation.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Putz in chief speaks. I truly believe the only reason Obama wasn't assassinated is because Biden was VP. Now, who is providing insurance to Biden?
The premiums are picked up by the same crew that funded his installation to that position I would guess.
Probably the same folks who are (real quietly behind the scenes) cleaning up at wholesale prices while we eat the underwriting costs.
Anyone got an application to werk fer em?
Second thought I hear that office has a high (cough cough) suicide rate.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Putz in chief speaks. I truly believe the only reason Obama wasn't assassinated is because Biden was VP. Now, who is providing insurance to Biden?
I always said Biden was Obama's get out of impeachment free card because everyone knew the only thing worse than Obama is the bumbling, babbling buffoon sitting in the Oval Office now. Then, after it was decided that they would steal the the election for Joe, they only had to look as far as Cackling Cammie, who was down on her knees interviewing for VP, to fill that spot.

Last edited:

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re suggesting some kind of insurrection by the citizens, it ain’t ever going to happen. This country as a whole is just too apathetic, and the only way it might work is if it was highly organized and done en mass. That definitely ain’t happening.
If the supreme court can’t meet without someone leaking what they’re doing, there ain’t no way an insurrection could be organized without someone spilling the beans to the media.
No kidding, but that is not what I was suggesting.

Politicians will keep doing what they always do, eventually taking it too far for their fans to continue to support, causing everything to blow up in their poo flinging faces.

Spiritof76

Boundary pusher extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for the blue states that gave us precedent to ignore federal laws when they created sanctuary cities and states when it came to illegal immigration. We now have legal footing to ignore their unconstitutional gun grab with 2nd amendment sanctuary cities and states. We can tell them to pound sand and they only have themselves to blame as usual. By the way I’m new here and wanted to say thanks for the knowledge you all share its useful and practical.

Latest posts

Top Bottom