Joe Cooper Ford in Edmond - No Firearms Posting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually don't we have a law in place that states concealed carry is kewl where there are "No Gun" laws posted (except for Schools and Post Offices and other gov't buildings?) The only caviate is if someone asks you to leave because you have a firearm, you need to leave. Am I wrong?
If conceal carry is done properly it would be unlikely that the carrier would be ask to leave because of their concealed weapon. Even 'accidental' exposure can almost entirely be avoided, and with the holstering of today, even 'printing' can pretty much be avoided. Bets are off though for those that decide to carry something like a full-frame 1911 in their back pocket 😂

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve bought several new Ford vehicles (different dealerships) but have always had my Ford vehicles serviced by the Edmond Ford dealership (currently on Memorial Road). There have been a few renditions of this dealership - Prestige, Reynolds, and now Joe Cooper Ford.

Last week, I had service performed on my truck but was disappointed to see that they have now placed a no firearms posting at their Service entrance doors. I sent them an email regarding this posting and the fact that they have now created a “soft target” for criminals and mentally ill people to do harm to good / innocent people. I told them that I will not be back to this dealership unless these postings are removed. I hope others will do the same.
no place is a gun free zone if i am there, except court houses...Fm

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I went to Joe Cooper Ford to buy a new Truck.

Saw the no firearms sign in the door. Strike One

Met the salesman and then went out to the lot to look at the prearranged used truck we were interested in. Nice truck, decent price, reeked of cigarette smoke. Deal killer. Asked the salesman what else he had. He said he would go check, and left a 73 old elderly man and woman standing the hot 90 heat in the parking lot while he went in. Strike two.

Salesman showed us a truck we liked and said there was a $3000-$5000 premium plus deal prep fees on top of the Sticker price and he would have to go look it up for each vehicle. $3000 to $5000 premium? I knew that was coming, but what is it for this vehicle, and why wasn't it posted in the sticker? Because it is variable by vehicle the Salesman said, Strike 3

We ended up buying a new truck from Eufaula Ford and when I asked them about the premium, they laugh and and said we must have shopping the city.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My A/C - heater is stuck in the A/C mode because of a blend door failure of some kind.. When I found out how much the labor was to fix it, I decided to leave it stuck and just dress warmly in the winter. I'm going into my 3rd winter and have been able to tolerate the lack of heat for short drives. Fortunately, I don't have to do long drives.

JSpel

New to the site!
Reaction score
So I went to Joe Cooper Ford to buy a new Truck.

Saw the no firearms sign in the door. Strike One

Met the salesman and then went out to the lot to look at the prearranged used truck we were interested in. Nice truck, decent price, reeked of cigarette smoke. Deal killer. Asked the salesman what else he had. He said he would go check, and left a 73 old elderly man and woman standing the hot 90 heat in the parking lot while he went in. Strike two.

Salesman showed us a truck we liked and said there was a $3000-$5000 premium plus deal prep fees on top of the Sticker price and he would have to go look it up for each vehicle. $3000 to $5000 premium? I knew that was coming, but what is it for this vehicle, and why wasn't it posted in the sticker? Because it is variable by vehicle the Salesman said, Strike 3

We ended up buying a new truck from Eufaula Ford and when I asked them about the premium, they laugh and and said we must have shopping the city.
Good move. Great folks at Eufaula Ford. Hope you enjoy that new truck!

JSpel

New to the site!
Reaction score
no place is a gun free zone if i am there, except court houses...Fm
Joe Cooper in Yukon has the same signage. I started taking my truck there for service a few years ago, then the signs showed up. I got a email survey requested after my service and I responded that I felt the no firearms policy made their facility less safe. I also told them I would find another dealer for servicing my vehicle. Been using Reynolds on NW Highway for several years now.
For those looking for 2A friendly Banking, choose Quail Creek Bank. Sign on the lobby door says 'no open carry, concealed carry welcome'.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have (had) 2019 Edge. We bought it from Joe Cooper 2 years ago and they made us very good deal back then. The Edge only had 11,000 miles on it.

Eufaula for gave us $1000 less than we paid for it in trade in.

I got an email from Joe Cooper yesterday offering us $4000 less than what Eufaula gave us.

Strike 4 for Joe Cooper.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The topic of this thread reminds me of a sign in Great Britain that said, "Bill posters will be prosecuted." To which someone penned on the sign, "Bill Posters is innocent."

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe a requirement from Ford for all dealerships?

I was in four Ford dealerships yesterday and Joe Cooper was the only one with a sign. Had the best salesperson that I spoke too though. a lady named Margret, late 20's and knew the 2021 Bronco inside and out, I was impressed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom