John Browning Museum...anybody been?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been but I'd like to.

True story... When we were first talking about leaving Colorado around 2011 I tried to convince my (then) wife we should buy John Browning's home when it went up for sale in Ogden, UT.

https://www.deseret.com/2011/7/23/2...longed-to-gun-maker-john-browning-up-for-sale
How cool would that be to own St John's home? But, fortunately she talked me out of it. If it had been out of town just a little bit, we might've done it. As it was, it was right in the middle of town and I wouldn't have been happy there.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are talking about the one in Ogden, UT, then I'm sorely disappointed. On our trip to Idaho and back recently, we passed through Ogden both going and coming. I didn't even know it was there.

A future trip to Idaho again (whenever that is) will probably see us stop and check it out.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like to go after reading this more than a couple times. Wish I'd of known about it in my teens, lived in SLC during that time.
Browning book.jpg
Browning book 2.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well this really stinks. I flew out to Salt Lake City on Friday morning for a funeral and decided to stay for the weekend. The museum shows that it is open on Saturday so today I got up and drove the 45 minutes from Salt Lake City to Ogden and there was some kind of festival happening in the parking lot of the facility. Parked my car and tried to find how to get to the actual museum building and asked a guy wearing a facility shirt and he said you had to buy admission to the art festival that was happening but with the admission to the art festival you got to get into the museum. So I go to the gate for the art festival and it was some stupid cashless pay thing that you had to download a link to and pay online and there was an older couple that had also come to go into the museum and the man was having trouble getting it to work and getting frustrated and the lady that was at the counter was being very hostile towards him. I got my phone to work so I told them I would buy three tickets to get in if they had any interest in still going and I would just cover it and he said if that was fine then he would be appreciative of it and at that point the lady that was being hostile to him yelled at me and said the museums are not open today it's for art festival. I said well I'm not really sure what's going on because the guy down the way that told me to come to you to pay and get in said that the museums are open and it was included with the festival. She got snippy with me and said that you can get into the building where the main hall is but none of the exhibits are actually open so you can only see stuff from afar. At that point the old man basically told her to pound sand and I pretty much did the same and drove the 45 minutes back to salt Lake City and I guess maybe next time if I'm ever in the area again I will try again.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this really stinks. I flew out to Salt Lake City on Friday morning for a funeral and decided to stay for the weekend. The museum shows that it is open on Saturday so today I got up and drove the 45 minutes from Salt Lake City to Ogden and there was some kind of festival happening in the parking lot of the facility. Parked my car and tried to find how to get to the actual museum building and asked a guy wearing a facility shirt and he said you had to buy admission to the art festival that was happening but with the admission to the art festival you got to get into the museum. So I go to the gate for the art festival and it was some stupid cashless pay thing that you had to download a link to and pay online and there was an older couple that had also come to go into the museum and the man was having trouble getting it to work and getting frustrated and the lady that was at the counter was being very hostile towards him. I got my phone to work so I told them I would buy three tickets to get in if they had any interest in still going and I would just cover it and he said if that was fine then he would be appreciative of it and at that point the lady that was being hostile to him yelled at me and said the museums are not open today it's for art festival. I said well I'm not really sure what's going on because the guy down the way that told me to come to you to pay and get in said that the museums are open and it was included with the festival. She got snippy with me and said that you can get into the building where the main hall is but none of the exhibits are actually open so you can only see stuff from afar. At that point the old man basically told her to pound sand and I pretty much did the same and drove the 45 minutes back to salt Lake City and I guess maybe next time if I'm ever in the area again I will try again.
Been there many times and Never had problem ??

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be a Browing exhibit at the Woolrock Museum here in Ok by Bartlesville. I hope it's still there as we will be visiting there with some RV friends we travel the country with that are passing through for a couple days, staying at our place before moving on.
The girls coming all want to go to Pawhuska to visit the Ree Drummond Mercantile and restaurant.
The guys are going for the guns in the museum.
IMHO the guys get the winning afternoon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom