John Deere 3032e tractor trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My family has some property and we leave our tractor out there. Well that was a bad idea as the mice ate on the wiring. The tractor will turn on but will not start. I have the error codes and found what they mean, I am just hoping someone knows a little more about these dang things than I do.

First error code is PCFT: Pull-in Coil Output Fault Output is open circuit or shorted to ground
second code: HCFT Hold-in Coil Output Fault Output is open circuit or shorted to ground

I am guessing that it is there is a short in the ground but any other ideas? P and K equipment charges 110 dollars an hour just to come look at it.

thanks in advance for the help.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are probably going to have to trace every wire for spots it could ground out. You don't want to start a fire. Also check to make sure they didn't build a nest in the air box.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could be the wiring to the starter solenoid since it won't crank I would just start with checking for voltage at the components and basic troubleshooting. Im not familiar with the import engines they have on those smaller tractors so I don't know any shortcuts and tricks to help you out.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What does it do? Glow plug light comes on? Click, no click? Head lights work? Probably going to have to trace everything.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take a jumper cable and go from the battery to the input side of the solenoid on the starter. Try the key start. If it doesn't spin the starter, move the jumper cable to the output(starter side) of the solenoid. If the starter spins. Then start testing the 12V back to the ignition switch that energizes the solenoid.

Check your fuse box for blown fuses that might indicate which wire is shorted.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
First error code is PCFT: Pull-in Coil Output Fault Output is open circuit or shorted to ground
second code: HCFT Hold-in Coil Output Fault Output is open circuit or shorted to ground
This refers to the DC Solnoid on the fuel injection pump that controls the start / stop lever on the pump. There are 2 coils in that solenoid. Both are energized to move the spring loaded lever to the start position and then one of the coils de-energizes to hold the lever in the run position.
The solenoid might look like this; http://www.fwmurphy.com/products/controllers/rp2300

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This refers to the DC Solnoid on the fuel injection pump that controls the start / stop lever on the pump. There are 2 coils in that solenoid. Both are energized to move the spring loaded lever to the start position and then one of the coils de-energizes to hold the lever in the run position.
The solenoid might look like this; http://www.fwmurphy.com/products/controllers/rp2300

Thanks. That should really help now that i know what i am lookong for

Latest posts

Top Bottom