John Deere 3032e tractor trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have your serial number for the machine and the DTC Numbers I could def try to give you a hand. Also, does your tractor have JDLink?

I'm a John Deere dealership technician, however, I work in the Construction equipment field, rather than Ag. But I can give it my damndest.

BAMster

New to the site!
Reaction score
I seem to be having the same issue some what with my 3032e.
My son was mowing when he said it shot out a puff of smoke from the fuel pump fuel filter area. He immediately shut it off and it threw a PCFt code. We looked it all over good, changed the fuel filter, drained and cleaned the sediment bowl and checked for fuel flow. Good fuel flow all the way to the injector pump, but no fuel leaving the pump towards the cylinders. Cranks good, but won’t fire.
Also I was wondering will the code clear once the issue is fixed or will I need to take it to have it cleared?

Last edited:

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to be having the same issue some what with my 3032e.
My son was mowing when he said it shot out a puff of smoke from the fuel pump fuel filter area. He immediately shut it off and it threw a PCFt code. We looked it all over good, changed the fuel filter, drained and cleaned the sediment bowl and checked for fuel flow. Good fuel flow all the way to the injector pump, but no fuel leaving the pump towards the cylinders. Cranks good, but won’t fire.
Also I was wondering will the code clear once the issue is fixed or will I need to take it to have it cleared?

Sounds to me like the stop solenoid took a dump. Do a google search and see what the thing looks like. There is a short lead of three wires that come off of it and go into a connector. Test power at that connector going back towards the keyswitch. One wire is grounded all the time. Another gets power when the keyswitch is on and the other when only when you crank. The next thing i would do is remove it and try to re-start the engine. If you do that make sure you have a plan on how your going to stop the engine. Either with a rag over the air intake or screwdriver in the hole the solenoid came out of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom