JOHN DEERE 450C DOZER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was smoking a little working hard but coming back to the house going down & coming out of a steep creek bank it was blowing blue exhaust smoke. Pulled valve cover thought oil return holes were stopped up. Valve cover & top head were very clean. Now I going to pull the head looking for worn valve guides & seals.May end up out frame rebuild .
IMG_0948.JPG

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm having the head rebuilt on a John Deere motor grader this week..valVe on #5 cylinder burnt up. It's an older grader and this is the first time we've opened it up. $1500 is what it's running us for the work. :(

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having the head rebuilt on a John Deere motor grader this week..valVe on #5 cylinder burnt up. It's an older grader and this is the first time we've opened it up. $1500 is what it's running us for the work. :(
Are you pulling the head or is the one reworking the head pulling it?

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We did it. I cant remember the name of the company actually doing the rebuild off the top of my head..but she does all our work. And warranties it. Although we've never had a problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom