John McCain reportedly has brain cancer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I don't wish cancer on anyone. Hope he can fight it off if they caught it early. I bet he's glad he got to keep his Cadillac congress healthcare plan and isn't stuck with Obama Care or the VA hospital for treatment options. One more reason there should be term, or at least a mandatory retirement age for congressional members.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately tomorrow's CNN headline wil probably be "Trump Allegedly Causes Brain Cancer".

one page in (hell, a few posts in) and it's clear which side is throwing shade on the man. No surprise, though, given that this is OSA.

And do you really want to bring up Trump here? I mean the man did once say "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK?" in regards to McCain.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...While I don't like his politics, his devotion to country and honor is beyond what most mortal humans would ever do.
He gets my utmost respect, and I hope the rest of his time on this earth passes with his family and he suffers no more pain. He has suffered enough.
God bless his soul..
This^^^ I don't agree with some of his politics but the man sacrificed more than most of us for our country. He has my respect.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
one page in (hell, a few posts in) and it's clear which side is throwing shade on the man. No surprise, though, given that this is OSA.

And do you really want to bring up Trump here? I mean the man did once say "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK?" in regards to McCain.

My take on that comment was that it was a well deserved shot at CNN and I could actually visualize it happening as bad as they've been. But I guess it's just not easy to pass up an easy lob off of the Never Trump train huh?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because the man would not praise Caesar is no reason to bury him.
Is everyone supposed to be pro Trump, regardless of what stupid things he says or does?
Although Trump might think of himself as julius Caesar, he's more like "little boots".

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't wish cancer on anyone. Hope he can fight it off if they caught it early. I bet he's glad he got to keep his Cadillac congress healthcare plan and isn't stuck with Obama Care or the VA hospital for treatment options. One more reason there should be term, or at least a mandatory retirement age for congressional members.

As of 2014, Congressmen and their staff, if they want to participate in employer healthcare, have to purchase their plan off the Washington D.C. ACA exchange. I'm betting he isn't enrolled.

Since he is officially a military retiree, he is eligible for Tricare Prime which is the same healthcare insurance all military retirees get, and it's good. He's also eligible for VA healthcare twice over for his disability and his former-POW status.

Of course another, and most likely option, is that he's independently wealthy and probably just pays for his own care through a HSA or something similar.

Hope he doesn't suffer. He did enough of that at the hands of the Vietnamese.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't think being a POW make McCain a war hero. That's my opinion anyway. The term Hero is thrown around WAYYYYYY too much these days

I have respect for what he endured, but not really a hero in my book

Latest posts

Top Bottom