john paul stevens repeal second amendment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who's John Paul Stevens.....???????? I asked and posted this and looked up and saw his pic and info in the post before mine.....looks a little out of it if you ask me....

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because they don't feel I can own it doesn't mean I wont. I'm sure the first 10 count for something and should never be changed. The .gov has no power over it anyway, so it's not a problem at this time.

Last edited:

bobchex

New to the site!
Reaction score
Earlier today, I read an opinion piece from FORMER Supreme Court Justice in the NYT. In the piece, he states that it is time to remove the second amendment as it has no purpose, and to teach people that firearms ARE NOT a right but a privilege. This is something that bothers, even scares me. Where an elitist will describe a right as a privilege, it makes it easier to control, or even abolish said right. I am also afraid that without FIXED definitions, i.e. Male, Female,up,down etc. that this will allow the elitist to control who is in charge.

This current year year there are many things on the table that we, as American Citizens need to look at. From the turnpike proposals, to immigration, to gender identification, to our stance on foreign policy. It is ultimately up to us as voters to decide WHO will represent us, and How they will vote to determine what government policy will be.

If we, the American Public, do not stand up for all of our rights, then it will fall to the elite who will decide what is a right, and what is a privilege.
Since Stevens passed in 2019 we have seen many states put laws into place that help secure this most fundamental right. Whenever anyone believes 2A has no purpose they have either lost touch with reality or have no concept of our history.

Good and bad, right and wrong, rights and privilege are frequently conflated these days.

One thing I notice about leftist attacks on 2A is that they only manage to sell more guns and ammo. Since Stevens made those comments 11.6 million Americans bought their first gun. If anything, he probably helped our cause.

Latest posts

Top Bottom