Joined for the classifieds, staying for the chit chat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi all, I ran across OSA while looking for gun classifieds recently. I was thinking of picking up another pistol, and found out about the Arms List pay-to-play debacle.

I've been a casual collector/shooter for years, starting with the family's Nylon 66 when I was about 7.

After moving away from the country many years ago, I found standing in a lane shooting at paper pretty boring, so I've not shot much for a long time. I did recently get into Airsoft with my son (and now my wife has joined the fun too). That's proving to be an interesting and very affordable way to enjoy shooting, of a sort. I've picked up pistol shooting again with a gas blowback Airsoft pistol I plink with in the garage.....really captures the mechanics of shooting, without having to go to the range or buy ammo.

I might hang around the classifieds for a 1911 or a CZ-75, those are the two pistols on my radar right now.

Lots of interesting and lively discussions going on here. I look forward to chatting with you all. :)

Matt
hey, Matt! Can't speak to CZ-75's, but unless you're made of money, you might want to check out the Tisas (Turkish) made 1911's. I have a Tisas Zig M 1911 that I picked up for under $400 several years ago, after several decades without one. (traded the last one I had to my dad for an anvil...) It shoots better than I do, and when I pulled it out of the box it didn't rattle even as much as the old worn-out ones my dad used to shoot, and taught me to shoot with. Not a fancy collector's piece or a target gun, but it's cycled everything I've fed it so far. Prices are up of course, but they're still a bargain.

Bill

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey, Matt! Can't speak to CZ-75's, but unless you're made of money, you might want to check out the Tisas (Turkish) made 1911's. I have a Tisas Zig M 1911 that I picked up for under $400 several years ago, after several decades without one. (traded the last one I had to my dad for an anvil...) It shoots better than I do, and when I pulled it out of the box it didn't rattle even as much as the old worn-out ones my dad used to shoot, and taught me to shoot with. Not a fancy collector's piece or a target gun, but it's cycled everything I've fed it so far. Prices are up of course, but they're still a bargain.

Bill
There are several CZ-75 clones, as I believe the design was never patented. Canik I think? Maybe others. But CZ's are not wildly expensive, lots of variations for about $700 give or take. You can, of course, spend more if you want the SP-01, Shadow 2, etc. variations.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
howdy james garner.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom