Judge rules in favor of corner-crossing hunters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ridiculous, make a small pass through .walk through only mandated by law. so people can pass .sounds like he is looking for trouble.you own 22,000 acres give up 10 ft for the public A _ _ Hole.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember some ranch hand or owner watching the guys cross to public land in a designated crossing area which was not marked or something. Couldn't believe someone was so protective of their land like that, but lots of land owners in the mountain states block access to public hunting lands willfully so they can use it for private hunting grounds or charge big money to outfitters for trespass fees so they can do private hunts on public ground.
We had a big thread on this subject in the past.

i don't know the particulars of this situation, but i'm aware of many landowners who became fed up with disrespectful visitors. same issue you have with public ranges, people not cleaning up after themselves, etc.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i don't know the particulars of this situation, but i'm aware of many landowners who became fed up with disrespectful visitors. same issue you have with public ranges, people not cleaning up after themselves, etc.
I'm a landowner and have been stepped on more than once, but not in the context of this incident.
You should really get up to speed on the subject. It's pretty crazy.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ridiculous, make a small pass through .walk through only mandated by law. so people can pass .sounds like he is looking for trouble.you own 22,000 acres give up 10 ft for the public A _ _ Hole.
This guy may own 22,000 acres, but because of the checkerboarding he effectively controls another 22,000 acres. This is where his claim for loss comes from. All of a sudden his land isn’t worth as much from what was exclusive access to a bunch of public land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom