Jug Line size/design .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No but it would be nice if they could only launch ten boats per ramp and not cut peoples trotlines, obey wake rules.
This is no joke.

A couple years ago I was fishing in the nav channel up from Webbers falls. Large numbers of boats tearing down the waterway in the fog, brave or stupid souls, 'cause visibility sucked.

Later that day (I'm guessing getting close to weigh-in time) a bunch came through, one at a time into the campground/cove area where folks were swimming. Fast as they could manage, flipped some baits, roared off.

It was enough to get the park rangers to summon the Lake Patrol. Tournament was launched from Spaniard Creek, I believe. Buncha short-**** SOBs from what I can tell.

There were a couple that abided by the no-wake buoy, but they were by far the minority.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is no joke.

A couple years ago I was fishing in the nav channel up from Webbers falls. Large numbers of boats tearing down the waterway in the fog, brave or stupid souls, 'cause visibility sucked.

Later that day (I'm guessing getting close to weigh-in time) a bunch came through, one at a time into the campground/cove area where folks were swimming. Fast as they could manage, flipped some baits, roared off.

It was enough to get the park rangers to summon the Lake Patrol. Tournament was launched from Spaniard Creek, I believe. Buncha short-**** SOBs from what I can tell.

There were a couple that abided by the no-wake buoy, but they were by far the minority.
been on the lake my whole life typical clowns! probably never change!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing for you guys, might come in handy:
https://mgs4u.com/product/4-in-1-modular-paddle-kits/
It’s a modular paddle kit with a built in hook for retrieving jugs and stuff. Works pretty well. I tend to forget my jugs more often than not, but it works on my limb lines too. It also doubles as your paddle, consolidating the amount of crap you have to keep in your boat. I bought it with their DIY shallow anchor kit, so now I have a paddle, a 12ft shallow water anchor, a lure/jug retriever, and a push pole that is adjustable out to 12ft in length. Not a bad system. I went with the 3/4” pole, and honestly, on my 1540 Jon it’s a little flimsy for anchoring in a faster moving river. I would probably upsize to the 1” if I did it again.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Entitled, you are trespassing on their waters.

Keep a rod handy, with a 2 oz lead sinker and 6" lure with 3 10/0 treble hooks.
Throw it in front, it gets their attention.
That sinker will adjust an attitude. Treble hooks make for quick slow down or evac of the boat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom