Julius Jones Commuted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldDad

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure it won't be a popular opinion here, but I am against capitol punishment. The possibility of even one innocent person being executed is so horrible that I believe that the whole idea is unethical. I feel that such incidences must have occurred.

If I knew, absolutely certainly, that someone killed one of my loved ones, I would happily kill the perp myself. In the courts, though, DAs, in my opinion, too often care more about winning than truth and justice.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure it won't be a popular opinion here, but I am against capitol punishment. The possibility of even one innocent person being executed is so horrible that I believe that the whole idea is unethical. I feel that such incidences must have occurred.

If I knew, absolutely certainly, that someone killed one of my loved ones, I would happily kill the perp myself. In the courts, though, DAs, in my opinion, too often care more about winning than truth and justice.
I tend to agree with this. The legal system is so loaded with opportunities for mistakes that the potential execution of an innocent individual is a real possibility. Most capital punishment sentences drag on and on with continuous pleadings and motions, etc. doing nothing but creating additional fees for attorneys and additional costs for the State. I think a sentence of Life without parole is more of a deterrent than the potential of a death sentence with the current status of all the capital sentences sitting in prisons now.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I tend to agree, which is surprising to most people who know my beliefs about things. I'd also change how life without parole looked. It would be hard time, with basic nutrition met but little else. Not cruel, but a bare minimum existence. People that should be there wouldn't enjoy it. If someone was wrongly convicted, its reversible, sort of. And I'm sure it would be cheaper than the endless appeals of a death penalty case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom