Jumping into form 1 cans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Silencer is the offical term to put on form.
The reason to put FMI is you are the maker. Not ruger, colt. Or whoever.
There's thousands of models but if caliber , length, model don't match
It's going to research.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go online to the atf eforms site.
Register your name and pass word.
Each time you finish a page, click save up towards the top left.
When you get to make and model
Put under mfgr code FMI that's eff - Mmm - eye. Stands for form one.
Under model a drop down box will appear select N/A.
Figure out your total length your can cannot exceed this length so add a little.
Like an inch for a piston.
For caliber list 22, or 30, or 9mm ,or 45. Not cartridge specific.
After you upload your photo click save, then the view button next to save and it will show the form like the examiner sees it.
Make sure your photo shows up.
Don't matter if it's sideways or upside down they'll fix that. But if it doesn't upload it'll get disapproved and you'll have to wait for refund and start over.

Following the FMI. And N/A will keep it from going into "Pending Research"
Which can delay approval 30 to 90 days.

After you pay and push submit. Within a minute or so you should receive an email with 2 attachments. One is the cover sheet to be included with the prints. The other is a copy of your submitted form. You will need to print off the pages marked cleo copy. 4, 5, 6 I believe and send to your sheriff.
I really appreciate the help. When you say photo are you talking about a picture of myself or the can that I’m going to buy and make? If it’s of me do I have to go to somewhere and have it taken with a white background? Sorry for the questions. Just want to get it right. I also thought I had to name the can and give it a serial number?

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The picture is of you and is just like a passport picture. You can even download apps for passport pictures if you want to be real particular. Once you submit the application you’ll get an email with the cover sheet you’ll include with 2 fingerprint cards and mail to the ATF.

You need a serial number, model number is not necessary if you select n/a. If you are submitting a form 1 to make an SBR from an “off the shelf” lower, you would need to include the model number from that particular lower. For a form 1 can you don’t have to assign one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How long are the wait times for the Form 1s looking these days?
From what I read they are taking over 2-3 months. But there are some that get them back in a month or less. Mine is pending verification at the moment. I heard it can take up to a couple weeks for them to approve it and email the paperwork. Hopefully it’s quick. I’m excited!! Ive got my fingerprints ready to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom