Jumping on the No Classifieds for Non Contributing Members Train

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had an extreme lowball offer on a gun I have from sale on here from a newbie that's been on here a whole 7 days. He's on my ignore list now. I was tempted to tell him what he could do with his $150.

I would note in my ads that I WILL post all low ball offers in the ad for everyone to make fun of...

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand that you feel lowballed and insulted. No argument here.

I'm just trying to figure out the tipping point between "no, thank you" and "you worthless lowballer" ...

If y'all can't (or won't?) name that point, how is someone else supposed to know?
:drunk2:
Mine has generally been $25 low on a $500 item. That was my tipping point IF the item said OBO. If not, firm is firm.
Of course, within that $25 I usually accepted. Anything below that got either the rant or the polite pass, depending on how they worded it.
If you say "lowest cash price", and your message is just those three words, I will just reply with "highest cash offer" and they never write back.
Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand that you feel lowballed and insulted. No argument here.

I'm just trying to figure out the tipping point between "no, thank you" and "you worthless lowballer" ...

If y'all can't (or won't?) name that point, how is someone else supposed to know?
:drunk2:
Did you even see the ad and low ball offer? It was less than half of his asking price. I looked up the ad and the low ball offer. It was less than half of his asking price.

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But wouldn't it depend if the item is overpriced or not? Someone lists a Remington 1100 for $1100 and its worth $500, you offer $475 is it still a lowball offer?
99% of what I sell is for how much I have invested in it, so it depends on each circumstance for me.
But since I generally sold full size 9mm Glocks on here, they were all at the time worth $500. Anything below $475 on a like new glock WAS a low-ball

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When facing an unknown, and im just generalizing here, if a gun is used, I stick to about $40-$60 below the Buds price. If it didn't sell on here in a week, I'd add $25 to the price and post on AL. If that didn't sell in a week, I'd add an additional $25 to the price and post on FB. Because those two places had a much higher chance of greater lowballs. If, at that point, something's on Facebook for $550 that's on OSA for $500, I'll still take the $500 when a FBer lowballs me

Latest posts

Top Bottom