Jumping on the No Classifieds for Non Contributing Members Train

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... here’s my .02. This website/forum isn’t about the classifieds. It’s hard for me to remember this sometimes. I use the crap out of the forum, but thoroughly enjoy the classifieds too. Yeah, new users can be annoying and a time waste, but over the weekend I have been sold out from under/reneged on several times. Like more than three times. By established members. Has it been a huge waste of time? Am I a little butthurt? You bet. But that’s the name of the game I guess. Restricting new members from classifieds doesn’t ensure crappy deals won’t happen. while I support it, Don’t expect a perfect world just because new guys are restricted. New guys can actually bring quality sometimes.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, new users can be annoying and a time waste, but over the weekend I have been sold out from under/reneged on several times. By established members.
You should post those experiences, and name names IMO. Leaving appropriate feedback is also an option.

We think nothing of warning others about new members that don't keep their word, and established members should be no different. One might even think they should be held to a higher standard.
:drunk2:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... here’s my .02. This website/forum isn’t about the classifieds. It’s hard for me to remember this sometimes. I use the crap out of the forum, but thoroughly enjoy the classifieds too. Yeah, new users can be annoying and a time waste, but over the weekend I have been sold out from under/reneged on several times. By established members. Am I a little butthurt? You bet. But that’s the name of the game I guess. Restricting new members from classifieds doesn’t ensure crappy deals won’t happen. while I support it, Don’t expect a perfect world just because new guys are restricted. New guys can actually bring quality sometimes.

I wouldn't angle to restrict the classifieds from newbs... just rather add an additional 1k+ post members only accessible area so we can bargain in familiarity as the Fudd's we pretend not to be. Obviously, the easy quick dollar is winning over the wished principals to only deal with said established members. This would be the best of both worlds.

All the same, as much as I've defamed those who use the ignore function over the years, it made a lot of sense when one member pointed out he used it to hide classified postings from both newbs and established members looking to roll another over the coals. The $6500 AK was a sure standout.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should post those experiences, and name names IMO. Leaving appropriate feedback is also an option.

We think nothing of warning others about new members that don't keep their word, and established members should be no different. One might even think they should be held to a higher standard.

Agreed.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For my deals that are for substantial bucks, I only deal with established members. I looked at my trading stats, and most of the entries could be in the OSA Hall of Fame. I think that I was on here a year before I 'dared' to participate in the classified section. Every one of my transactions have been perfect (at least from MY vantage point, lol). Just like in real life, I'm not gonna use a credit card at Old Paris Flea Market............be careful out there in the classifieds!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have taken a chance on new folks a few times over the years, and have never had a bad experience. I have always enjoyed meeting members. That being said, there really have been a bunch of classified only “members” showing up. Others have given the reasons we are seeing this. I don’t like rules, so I just scroll on past them.

I do have some very strong thoughts about a couple of jerks that made bs offers to an established member that is needing to turn some funds for medical reasons.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have taken a chance on new folks a few times over the years, and have never had a bad experience. I have always enjoyed meeting members. That being said, there really have been a bunch of classified only “members” showing up. Others have given the reasons we are seeing this. I don’t like rules, so I just scroll on past them.

I do have some very strong thoughts about a couple of jerks that made bs offers to an established member that is needing to turn some funds for medical reasons.

Agreed and I really wish I had money to make that person a real offer.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Agreed, in my original post that was part of what I was talking about when I said I saw people making low ball offers and bundle deals that didn’t make sense. When you are offering someone 30-40% off a decent price it’s an insult almost and made me angry especially given the circumstances the guy was selling for. That user has reached out to me with low offers as well and despite me saying no continues to send me the low offers.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

I won’t be blasting anyone in public. A misunderstanding or social faux pas doesn’t demand besmirching or grief. If it’s absolutely necessary to know my pm’s are open. I was clear and was offering full asking price and meeting ASAP. Not everything works out, if you are trying to sell and someone waves money in front of you, most people will take it. My loss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom