Jumping on the No Classifieds for Non Contributing Members Train

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, guess I’ll get my newbie rant on........
I was introduced to this site some time ago, by a coworker/fellow enthusiast, and lurked. I enjoyed the posts, the opinions and the *****ing, but felt too much of an outsider to participate.
Things occurred in my microscopic world (completely outside the dumpster fire our borderless country has devolved into, which does not help a bit!) that drove me to rethink what I felt I needed to hold onto.
I’ve decided I’m not playing the game, chasing the pendulum as it swings left and right..... I need to simplify, and that means turning some cherished things loose.
I felt this was a good place to start, having known people who had good experiences with members here, thinking the readers here might appreciate what I have decided to sell.
I’m not looking to capitalize on the current frenzy, nor am I giving anything away, but I do have some very nice things that need new homes so I can focus more on what remains important to me.
I was fortunate to have encountered panhandleglocker on my first contact, he was more than patient with me stumbling through a really bad and awkward day......
I truthfully wanted to see how the contact went, if the classified listing went well, etc. before I committed to “supporting” with paid membership (I will likely need more than the three free listings) to meet my objectives. If it takes paying ten bucks to make people think I’m worthy of their time, so be it, but I would assume most folks here have lived long enough to get a feel for the motives of others posting here.
Perhaps when I get closer to my goals I will be able to put more time on this keyboard, but until then I will do what I can. I’d hope the senior/seasoned members here can endure us newbies as we stumble along.....
As far as President O’Harris (or anyone else) kicking my door in to take my evil inanimate magazines, they will be “greeted” without haste. I know I will not likely survive, but I don’t intend to go alone.....

See folks even one worthy post goes along way, not that there isn't silver tonged cons out there but this is what OSA used to be with nearly every new member.....and not just a guy that only uses the restroom at the McDonald's on the turnpike once a week. (Analogy font on)

Cowboy777

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t engage in much internet debate, but I find this site very helpful. I visit the classifieds often and have bought some great guns and gear and met some great people. Just here to get my post count up

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, guess I’ll get my newbie rant on........
I was introduced to this site some time ago, by a coworker/fellow enthusiast, and lurked. I enjoyed the posts, the opinions and the *****ing, but felt too much of an outsider to participate.

Oh no, you're only a newb for a short time; the best way to get over your newbness is kind of like getting into the pool when you know the water is gonna be really cold....just jump on in and be done with it. We have a great forum here, chock full 'o nuts and all. We all share a LIKE for things that go bang, and we have a pretty good time at it too.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
is it time on the forum or post count to no longer be seen as a newbie? :)

Neither. It's all about quality participation. It's like being introduced to a new group of friends. The more positive interaction you have with them the sooner the awkwardness wears off and before you know it, it will feel like you've always been here.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neither. It's all about quality participation. It's like being introduced to a new group of friends. The more positive interaction you have with them the sooner the awkwardness wears off and before you know it, it will feel like you've always been here.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's like, all of a sudden, you realize that "I'm in with the in-crowd" really has serious meaning.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Thank 'ya! Thank 'ya very much! I'll be here all week!"

:Heya:

Don’t forget the people that would argue with a brick wall. There are lots of those here. Take them with a grain of salt, and ignore their little troll moments. I sometimes find it fun to agitate them just to see how far they’ll push the silliness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom