June 2022 Electric Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After you took over does the mouse have room in it's on house? 199kw, My well is on separate meter and it uses more than that with a couple yard lights. Glad you can keep it that cheap though.
Well pump, fridge, upright freezer, almost all lighting converted to LED, microwave use as needed!

Natural gas heat, stove and oven, and hot water tank.

Around 1100sq ft!

Around 1100sq ft basement

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well....only more taxes can fight climate change.......

Higher bills.....more tax....

If only one democrat gets elected....

Isn't it worth it.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a 1954 house that was concrete block and then veneered with stone. Then someone added on to it twice. The older part of the house doesn't have any insulation in the walls. The house is 3000 sq.ft. and garage 800 sq.ft.. I had a foot of cellulose blown in the attic years ago. We have two central H&A units are fairly new high efficiency units and I have a big window AC in the garage also. I have an old car I want to be out in the garage restoring but, between the higher electricity cost and present heat wave I've stayed in the house to save money. My wife and I were just talking about me kicking on the AC in the garage around 4am and working to around noon each day. I get up early every day anyway. This sitting in the house with nothing to do is giving me cabin fever.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had an old shack when I was a kid that we lived in, no running water, outhouse, electricity and garden. I remember the total utility bill for a month was around $9.00. Of course we didn't have a TV or air conditioning. No conveniences like fans or even locks on the doors. Used to use a case knife to wedge the door "locked." If we went somewhere, we couldn't lock the "house" up because there were no door locks. No one wanted what we had anyway so it all worked out. I do not want to live like that again.

Last edited:

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a 1954 house that was concrete block and then veneered with stone. Then someone added on to it twice. The older part of the house doesn't have any insulation in the walls. The house is 3000 sq.ft. and garage 800 sq.ft.. I had a foot of cellulose blown in the attic years ago. We have two central H&A units are fairly new high efficiency units and I have a big window AC in the garage also. I have an old car I want to be out in the garage restoring but, between the higher electricity cost and present heat wave I've stayed in the house to save money. My wife and I were just talking about me kicking on the AC in the garage around 4am and working to around noon each day. I get up early every day anyway. This sitting in the house with nothing to do is giving me cabin fever.
Company installed new Gas Furnace, water heater and a AC that is HD Commercial. The installers were telling us that homes that have insulation in the exterior and "interior" walls have better heat and cooling properties by isolating heating and cooling individual rooms.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just received this months electric bill, not near as bad as I thought it’d be…

96430713-4BC9-4C9A-97F1-BC8D2138E051.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom