June 2022 Electric Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in an all-electric 950 sq. ft. apartment and looked into OG&E's Averaging Program. Though it is true what they say about the fact that your yearly electricity cost will be the same regardless of whether you are on the program or not. What they fail to say is that OG&E tacks on a $10./mo fee to use their Averaging Program and that it requires a minimum 1 year 'membership' to use it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great program for those that need to have approximately the same monthly electric bill each month from summer thru winter, but, the additional $120. per year required to be on it just isn't worth the additional cost to me considering that my electric bill last month was only $78.58 (530 kwh) and February's was $115.20 (1139 kwh - highest bill for last year). My August bill is projected to be about $68.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in an all-electric 950 sq. ft. apartment and looked into OG&E's Averaging Program. Though it is true what they say about the fact that your yearly electricity cost will be the same regardless of whether you are on the program or not. What they fail to say is that OG&E tacks on a $10./mo fee to use their Averaging Program and that it requires a minimum 1 year 'membership' to use it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great program for those that need to have approximately the same monthly electric bill each month from summer thru winter, but, the additional $120. per year required to be on it just isn't worth the additional cost to me considering that my electric bill last month was only $78.58 (530 kwh) and February's was $115.20 (1139 kwh - highest bill for last year).
but when you have spikes they re average. ... i like to pay the 3 or 4 high bills then be done with it...

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, it's a great program for those that need to have approximately the same monthly electric bill each month from summer thru winter, but, the additional $120. per year required to be on it just isn't worth the additional cost to me considering that my electric bill last month was only $78.58 (530 kwh) and February's was $115.20 (1139 kwh - highest bill for last year). My August bill is projected to be about $68.
Where does the information about the $10 monthly fee come from? I don't believe there is a monthly fee for AMB plan, it would have to show on the billing statement and doesn't.

This is how OG&E calculates the AMB bill, I suppose "any current charges" COULD mean fees, but more likely means late fees, reconnect charges, etc. Those would have to be itemized on the bill, in any case.

>>For Average Monthly Billing (AMB), we total your electric bills for the previous 11 months, any current charges, and your current month electric bill are added together; and then divide that total by 12 to determine average monthly bill. Each month, we recalculate the total, using the same formula, so your average may vary slightly month to month.<<

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something we do is pay a set amount each month so that we build a credit in the winter. We continue to pay the same amount in the summer, and the credit helps cover the difference between what we pay and the actual bill. It's not AMB from OGE, just a set amount we've decided from our budget. It makes our budgeting much, much easier and helps us absorb spikes during the summer months. We do that for all of our utilities.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something we do is pay a set amount each month so that we build a credit in the winter. We continue to pay the same amount in the summer, and the credit helps cover the difference between what we pay and the actual bill. It's not AMB from OGE, just a set amount we've decided from our budget. It makes our budgeting much, much easier and helps us absorb spikes during the summer months. We do that for all of our utilities.
good idea

Latest posts

Top Bottom