June 2022 Electric Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where does the information about the $10 monthly fee come from? I don't believe there is a monthly fee for AMB plan, it would have to show on the billing statement and doesn't.

This is how OG&E calculates the AMB bill, I suppose "any current charges" COULD mean fees, but more likely means late fees, reconnect charges, etc. Those would have to be itemized on the bill, in any case.

>>For Average Monthly Billing (AMB), we total your electric bills for the previous 11 months, any current charges, and your current month electric bill are added together; and then divide that total by 12 to determine average monthly bill. Each month, we recalculate the total, using the same formula, so your average may vary slightly month to month.<<
IIRC there was a $10./mo 'Service fee' listed on each bill, which dropped off when I went off the averaging program. That 'Fee' being the reason that I left the program.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doing it the way we do it avoids any fee. Plus, OGE wouldn’t do average billing if they were losing money off of it, so you know you’re either coming out on the short end or at best breaking even.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was budgeting for $400 and July came in at $248. I’m okay with that even though it’s $55 higher than July 2021 I thought it was going to be a lot worse.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend David has a buddy that owns a Lowes type store but with a restaurant in it in the Dallas area.
Sent him a picture of his recent electric bill.
$107,246.73

I hope that store brings in some money or he will be in the dark soon.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ours was $224 this month and gas was $57. Definitely a big increase over last months bill, and our home is well insulated @1850sqft. We keep our thermostat at 68 during the night and 70 during the day.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on OG&E, billing period from mid-month to mid-month.
Jun/jul 21 we used almost the same amount of kwh as jun/jul 22.

The cost went up 30%.

The time-of-use pricing at OGE went up 40% from 2020 to 2022: the cheapest price went from 5¢/kwh to 7¢/kwh.

We are maintaining just over 10¢/kwh average for all power used.

I precool the house to 71° from 1000 hours until 1400 hours, then the AC does not come back on until 1900 hours. It will get up to about 80° or so, but I'm not paying 43¢/kwh.

Normally cool to 76°, heat to about 65°.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For my abode in AZ, June was $384; July and August were/will be close to $600; if used, an average would be about $400. Water is about $300 in the summer when irrigating (acre lot) and $125 average. Propane is about $20 on average, per month. My OK (barn only) June bill was $19 for the few days I was there installing a feeder.
Electric.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom