June Eat N Shoot - Saturday, June 17, 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's fine. They are just so into their video games...can't get them to really do anything. Eat, sleep, play video games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear ya. Not the same world we grew up in. :(

See ya at 10 Sunday. I'll have my Buckmark and that POS conversion kit for my 34. To see if I can figure out how to make it stop stove-piping. Is driving me NUTS!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya. Not the same world we grew up in. :(

See ya at 10 Sunday. I'll have my Buckmark and that POS conversion kit for my 34. To see if I can figure out how to make it stop stove-piping. Is driving me NUTS!

I'll get that conversion kit runnin' for ya. It's a mans job after all. (Jab; poke; jab).

I'll be there when they open the doors, since you are the first taker for Sunday, ( hoping we get a few more to come too), you can come as my guest- no range fee! Seriously; have you tried CCI Mini Mags for that conversion?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, sweetie. I'd hate to break a nail trying to fix this thing.

What time do they open?

I've been running the Mini Mags through it since the match Sunday when it took a major dump on me in the last stage, after functioning flawlessly the first 2 stages.

As long as I don't try to shoot too fast #rollmyeyes it does fine. When I pick up the speed it either stove pipes ... or double feeds and jams.

It could be something I'm doing because my NPOI has changed drastically and my grip is a bit weak since my surgery but my shots are going where I want them to -- for the most part LOL ...

I shot 50 rounds yesterday, 10 through each mag, and had maybe 4 or 5 stove pipes (I forgot to write it down). At 15 yards and a moderate speed I'd say 97% of my shots went in the 8-10 zone on the targets at H&H that have the five targets on one sheet. I forget what letter they are.

50 rounds is my limit right now. You can see the spread in my groups open up DRASTICALLY in those last 2 mags. Still, I gotta start somewhere.

I've got until August 15 to shoot .22 so if I can add 5-10 rounds a week, keep and build on the accuracy I have, and build up my strength over that time, hopefully the move to 9mm will be nice and smooth.

I'm DYING to shoot Production again ... lol

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
See you guys @ 10 !!!! I have a M&P Shield 45 and a 1911. If I can talk my son into coming he has a Buckmark that is a hoot!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. They open at 10 am on Sunday; I'll be there when they open and get a lane on the end. Get him to come and bring that Buckmark. See you guys Sunday.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we figured out the problem with the gun. I think I'm weaker than I think and it is affecting the way the gun functions. Long as it has copper plated bullets it does do better.

I'm just gonna have to stick to the plan and build those muscles back up.

We have a Colt 1911 with a .22 conversion kit that I couldn't even hold up high enough to get a sight picture. :( I'm sad. BUT I'm also determined. Lol It'll come back to me.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a very light SW MP .22 Compact you can shoot. It may help. I'll bring it Sunday and let you try it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom