Just a picture of a little something I am working on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started cutting the stars in today now that it's all dried completely. Using a dremel with a small drum bur to make the cuts and after they are mostly done will pull the guide off and clean up anything that looks a little off.

20191112_114059.jpg

And Finished while internet was acting up and could not attempt to upload the first picture. Not sure if I want to clear coat it or not. It's a little more flat now and adding a gloss to it will change the look. Guess if someone wants it they can decide, only takes a couple hours to put on two coats anyway. One star is darker than the others as there was a knot right there and the wood is darker. Just need to trim the ends.

20191112_130541.jpg

Guess I need to go pick up some more materials and start on another one. This one actually took me a few months, I started not long after my wife passed and then things turned sour for me.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that didn't last long. The first one is already sold pending meetup. I think I am going to get the materials to make a few more though so if someone wants one let me know. I'm not going to make a ton to have sit around but I will probably get four or five made up.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like one about 14x27 (25% smalller) in blue and weathered gray but youd have to ship it.

I need to look at my star pattern and see if I have one that will work out for that otherwise I will need to order or make one. The other issue is that I will either need to rip down some pieces or the stripes will not line up on the boards correctly and right now I don't have a table saw available so will have to figure something out there. Smaller piece will be easier to ship though so it is doable. I can ship the larger one as well but the cost is probably going to be outside what most would like to pay. I also have no problem meeting within 20 miles or so.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to look at my star pattern and see if I have one that will work out for that otherwise I will need to order or make one. The other issue is that I will either need to rip down some pieces or the stripes will not line up on the boards correctly and right now I don't have a table saw available so will have to figure something out there. Smaller piece will be easier to ship though so it is doable. I can ship the larger one as well but the cost is probably going to be outside what most would like to pay. I also have no problem meeting within 20 miles or so.
a sharp blade on a skillsaw will work.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue is that you are looking at 1 inch pieces. Not a lot of meat there to make a cut with at all. I do however have a small hobby bandsaw that I need to see if it works. With that I can probably rip what I need to down.

@CHenry My star stencil will do a 13 X 24 by the way, I could go a touch bigger but the stars will be a little off looking though most will not notice a larger border of blue around them. If that will work for you I can probably make something happen. Don't want to assume but blue field and grey stripes?

https://www.inchcalculator.com/american-flag-size-proportions-calculator/ My stencil is 7 inches tall so that would make the hoist 13 inches.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it and can't wait to see the finished product. Hurry. :)

LOL, that's pretty much it. Not going to clear coat it and got to thinking so since the ends are just slightly off I just took my sander and made them smooth and even. Just took a little longer on the piece of two that had shifted during reassembly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom