Just a picture of a little something I am working on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you paint one in such a way that it looks like it is waving?

I'm not that good, sorry. Plus it would have to be made over sized and then trimmed down to the way it is painted. I know there was a place that I saw had one that looked that way and it was actually made so there were peaks and valley's. The only way to do that on a large scale and not pay at least a thousand is using some sort of cnc router and then finishing it by hand. Not to mention painting it to look right.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well looks like it peaked around 9.2K upvotes. I have lots of internet points now, what shall I buy...

And no, this is actually the first one I have made. I know a lot of other people have done something similar though.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Given your lack of tools it looks damn good to me. :thumb:

Couple of ideas for trimming them down to thinner strips. There's an electric planer (handheld) in the classifieds here on OSA. If you could mount it upside down to a bench and hold it SECURELY you could get a nice glue edge by running your stock over that. Also a benchtop jointer would work. You can pick them up cheap used, just be VERY careful with your fingers when dealing with thin stock like this. You could also grab a cheap used contractor type table saw somewhere.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job buddy. Seen a guy make them. He used a Dremel and sharp chisels on the stars. Said it was faster.

He also framed them and had a thin blue line version he sold.

Another guy mounted it to a box, hung it on the wall and used it for gun storage with foam core holding the guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom