Just a picture of a little something I am working on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For now I am just using a leftover piece to join them together, I also don't have to worry about glue breaking free and it makes it much easier to stain them as I can break it down and then do the staining. Using the scrap pieces also space's it off the wall about 3/4 of an inch which honestly looks pretty good to me. I could easily make them larger but I have to get the stencils to do the stars or hand place them. The nice thing about the stencil is they are all mapped out. I think it took me about 2.5 hours to do all the stars along with about 30 minutes to cut everything and about 15 to assemble it. Wasn't paying a lot of attention to time while staining but probably another hour or so of actual work time. And probably an hour of sanding with 3 different grits to make the face smooth.

Anyway thank you guys for the complements. I picked up the stuff today to make 4 more plus the smaller one that was requested so if someone is interested I will probably have one more done by Saturday evening and probably another by next Tuesday or so. I am going to shoot for getting two done each week right now and try and keep a couple on hand as well. I will probably be able to make 10 or 12 by Christmas and I am going to pick up the stencils to add the army, navy, air force and marines logo's if that is something someone would like.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a few more mostly made up and one that needs the stars cut and possibly clear coated.

20191117_175315.jpg

20191119_201430.jpg

@CHenry Grey and blue. Would you want it clear coated or leave it flat? Going to cut the stars a little tonight and probably finish tomorrow then can ship it out or make arrangements to meet up since I need to meet someone else as well at some point.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. Have two large panels scorched and going to leave one unscorched. Shouldn't take me too long to get the other ones stained either the longest part after that is carving the stars into the wood.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="NightShade, post: 3294405, member: 29706"

@CHenry Grey and blue. Would you want it clear coated or leave it flat? Going to cut the stars a little tonight and probably finish tomorrow then can ship it out or make arrangements to meet up since I need to meet someone else as well at some point.[/QUOTE]
Whichever looks best in your opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom