Just a thought about the third loss in Owasso

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My ex is a nurse. She ran a dialysis clinic in WA. She had COVID very early on...Feb or Mar 2020...and is adamantly refusing the vax. She quit rather than take the shot. 5 dialysis techs at her center quit the same day she did.

DiL is the deputy director of nursing for a very large VA medical center. She won't take it, either. She also has type 1 diabetes and thinks she can get a waiver due to that. My son (her husband), just got over COVID about a month ago.

Not all health care workers are on board with this or believe it's the right thing to do.

I've had the shot. I'm against forcing it on people. I'm against that 100%.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife (RN/BSN) and daughter(Admin) both work in health care as well. Daily updates for me when they get home from work. Both are about at their breaking point due to all of this.

Sorry about your friend.
My wife (pediatric APRN) was talking to her aunt (another APRN) a week or so ago, and I heard her tell her aunt that she's had around 150 kids test positive for COVID, with exactly ZERO getting hospitalized. So the MSM propaganda that the kids are dying in droves is false, and the push for kids to get vaccinated is unnecessary.

She took both shots of Pfizer, as did the doc she works under late last year, but said that's it - they both said no more. They're both refusing a booster. Her friend she met working towards her RN is also an RN in an ER here in Tulsa. Went through the gauntlet of the "alpha" variant all last year, got vaccinated early this year, and is currently recovering at home from the Delta variant. My sons and I aren't and won't get vaccinated. Any "vaccine" that doesn't prevent an illness isn't - by definition - a vaccine. It's a treatment. Much like Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, both proven effective in treating COVID if administered early in the infection. For the record, her nurse buddy is currently being treated with monoclonal antibodies. So there's also that treatment as well.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Mrs has access to Local hosptial stats. The unvaccinated are having a helluva lot harder time with Covid and more of them are dying.

Conservatives seem to be the party of the unvaccinated and we're culling our own herd

Another unvaccinated friend of mine died last week

My wife does the daily covid assessment in her hospital as part of her report. It's ~90% Unvaccinated in hospitalizations. Higher in the Covid ICUs.

In addition to that....

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/
Total number of Hospitalizations in Oklahoma 17,841
Total number of Hospitalizations in Oklahoma Fully vaccinated 130
Total number of Deaths in Oklahoma from Covid 4,928
Total number of Deaths in Oklahoma Fully vaccinated 19

So basically .38% of deaths from Covid in Oklahoma were fully vaccinated in the observation period from Jan 1st until 7/20 of this year.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, Not trying to start any crap just something I found out the other day from a friend that works at 2 major hospitals in OKC. If a person has taken the vaccine but has not had the 2nd shot and gets covid they are showing that as unvaccinated.
For federal .gov purposes, you're not "fully vaccinated" until 2 weeks after the 2nd dose with Pfizer & Moderna (1st shot for J&J).

Just a heads up, I had the Pfizer vax and had zero issues with the 1st & 2nd dose.

I got the Pfizer booster last Tuesday. I was fine all day Tuesday and a little sore at the injection site Wednesday. On Thursday morning I woke up early feeling a little off. My lower back was sore where I'd had back surgery in 2005.

I had an appointment Thursday afternoon about an hour away, so I took some Aleve before I left. By the time I was ready to head home I really wasn't feeling well. I got to the house around 5pm, took some more meds and went to bed. I woke up about 7pm with a fever, chills and really bad muscle aches all over.

The fever finally broke about 3am Friday morning and other than being a bit sore, I was right as rain by Friday evening.

My interval from 2nd dose to booster was about 6 1/2 months. So just because you had no issues before, don't assume you won't with the booster!

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vaccination skepticism seems to run pretty high among first responders and healthcare providers from my limited experience. It would be interesting to see actual data on the topic and find out why. I think it’s mostly emotional and cognitive bias that leads people one way or another.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mandates have been bandied about pretty much since they announced the EUA for Pfizer. Now they're coming to fruition.

I don’t disagree. But for months and months it’s been voluntary for most. I think most knew it could come down to mandates at some point, but I don’t know that many of us wanted to see it come to that. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom