Just another day at the gun range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About a month ago I was at my rifle/pistol club plinking away,,,
There were three or four other shooters as well.

So up drove this member who parked his truck,,,
Got his target stand out of the bed,,,
And just walked out on the range,,,
While we were firing.

Of course we all stopped firing and started yelling at the guy,,,
He just waved back and yelled out,,,
"I trust you guys."

The odd part is he is a member or he wouldn't have the combination to the gate,,,
He had to have gone through same range the orientation we did,,,
In short he had to have known better.

He actually got angry when we told him not to do that "ever" again.

Aarond

Aarond,
You said you wouldn't tell anyone what I did...!

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He probably deserved it, but I'm glad you didn't.

I told him I was considering it.

It was one of those times when if I thought I could have I'd have whipped his ass. But, he was a lot bigger than me. So, I gave him a proper cussing, and packed up my **** and left.

What he did made me mad. It did not make me stupid.

TOOF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had my fair share of crazy things at gun ranges. Both public and private.
I had a guy and his buddies just get up and walk down range while we were shooting.
I’ve had people point loaded guns at me.
I was at a controlled shoot one time and a guy shot down the line over everyone. I still don’t know how somebody didn’t get hit.
Guns are dangerous.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled up at the old Ponca range one day and there was one a guy there shooting. I gathered up some of my stuff and headed toward a bench. As I walked pass this guy he said " I glad someone is here." I asked him "Why?" he said " Because these loads I'm about to try out are 10% over maximum." I moved on down to the end bench. Did I leave out he was shooting a lever action 30-30? He fired one round and it locked up the rifle. He couldn't get the lever to move. His day was done and I was glad.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I play daddy at the gun range at Lexington.
I make sure everyone has hearing protection and make sure everyone is aware of a hot and cold range.
I even supply hearing ear plugs to those who do not have them and paper targets with tape and markers for those without targets.

I get everyone talking and working together.

Like stated earlier head on a swivel does really well also.

Never had a bad experience there.
Could be due to making everyone talk and be aware of each other.
They all get a big HOWDY how are you guys doing when I pull up.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw an update to this story, it was one friend who shot another with a new pistol.
From the New York Post:
A Pennsylvania man opened fire on his pal in an unprovoked attack at a gun range — then was shot dead by a bystander, state police said.
Robert A. Eppley, 26, of North East, had been taking turns with the unidentified pal and their girlfriends firing a newly-purchased pistol Tuesday on state game lands in Greene Township, the Erie Times-News reported.
He had fired only five rounds when he turned and opened fire on the friend — a 28-year-old Erie man — for “no apparent reason,” Lt. Mark Weindorf told the newspaper.
A 67-year-old man in the stall next to them who saw what was happening fired his weapon at Eppley in an apparent attempt to stop him, authorities said.
Eppley — who suffered gunshot wounds to the torso — was pronounced dead at the scene.
The bystander was questioned by troopers and later released.
The friend was brought to the hospital, where he was treated and released Tuesday night.
https://nypost.com/2020/12/24/man-fatally-shot-pal-in-unprovoked-attack-at-gun-range-cops/

Latest posts

Top Bottom