Just back from BDC and I suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have, from a couple of guys that shoot competition, and by that I mean I have shot and got tips from some very good shooters starting out and still. I've got some great advice from this site as well. I intend to take some type of shooting class but not into the tactical stuff as much as having my mechanics down pat. I've been a shooter (long guns) for a lifetime and darn good. The handgun is a different animal all together with little wiggle room for bad form as it has an immediate negative effect on accuracy at distance/close or with follow ups.
I need to quit screwing with my grip and need to get off my ass and get those shooters prescription glasses I need. With my everyday glasses I having to do that turkey peeking over a log thing after every shot, then that process of finding the sweet spot in my lense again. No, it's not that bad but why have anything that takes you away from concentration on the front site.
I'm a bit OCD about having fundamentals right. Hell I spent a year hitting balls every day just to get my swing in a perfect groove.
You may have noticed, I shoot a lot. It's great fun but I know anything you do takes lots of practice and patience.
You might find a guy that can pick up a gun and produce a great shot, but he won't do it twice or maybe ever.
The old saying "even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes" is true. But even more true is "that same blind squirrel won't find very many nuts"

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom