Just bought my first AR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’m curious though, in a genuine way, a Vietnam vet and this is just now your first AR? Interesting and curious.

I had my fill of them in VN and never had a desire or need to buy one as a civilian till recently with all the civil unrest.......hope not but down the road I may need more rounds readily available than my 1911's will hold.

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted something for the occasional range trip and for self / home defense so I didn't see the need in spending a whole lot of $$$ for a high dollar AR.

This morning I purchased a brand new Smith & Wesson M & P 15 Sport II for $699.99 + tax......the barrel is a 1 in 9 twist and it came with one 30 round Magpul and the only spare mags they had in the store are made by Mission First and with me not knowing the quality MF mags I just picked up one 30 rounder for $10.00.

I'll reload for it when I get some bullets but right now I don't have any 5.56 / .223 factory ammo and there is none in town so I can't even fire go it. :cry11:

Anybody on here local that can sell me three or four 20 round boxes ?

View attachment 174222
if you find yourself in yukon, or north of it, i got you brother. Looks like some normanites got you hooked up though.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PM me if you need. I can give you a few 20 round boxes of ammo. I'll even be in Norman later today. If you need more than a couple of boxes, I have a couple 200 round sealed battle packs of Prvi M193 5.56 ammo or some other boxed factory .223 rounds that I can sell you at a reasonable price. Located in Newcastle.

Congrats on your first AR!

Latest posts

Top Bottom