Just call me Lucky...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I turned the corner in my neighborhood that heads toward my house last night, I could see there was a large gathering of the local fire department in the street in front of my house. I hadn't heard anything from my wife during the storms so I was immediately concerned. Turns out that the across-the-street neighbor's home had been hit by lightning at the roof peak. I don't know the details of what happened inside but I'm sure there was some electrical and water damage, at a minimum. A quick reaction recovery crew was on-scene in less than 2 hours and were putting up the famous blue tarp on the roof in the middle of the evening downpour storm. It appears the neighbors have decamped to a hotel or relative's home as the driveway is filled with a work crew trailer and construction dumpster.

A similar hit on my home would have had more damage inside as I have 2 amateur radio antennas in my attic space that would have spread the strike to my equipment. So that's why I'm feeling very lucky today and I'm sure my neighbor also feels lucky that the strike didn't cause a fire to consume his home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom