Just found another project - Glenfield 75

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just pickup up another project. A 1973 Glenfield 75. It needs love but mechanically appears OK. I'll post pictures later when I get a chance to take some.

I will have to locate a few minor parts but nothing major. Most of what it needs is elbow grease. It currently has the wrong front and rear action screws and is missing the front trigger assembly screw and nut. If anyone has these screws to spare shoot me a PM (same screws as a Marlin 60).

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are the pictures. Not a diamond, but worth the $25 I gave for it.

i.imgur.com_PSYD4Av.jpg

i.imgur.com_VcdtJra.jpg

i.imgur.com_qEo2JA9.jpg

i.imgur.com_S9bDYaA.jpg

i.imgur.com_dnR77bJ.jpg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So after disassembly, reattaching a disconnected lifter spring, and giving it a good cleaning, I started sanding. After getting it completely sanded I discovered 2 hairline cracks. One on each side of the wrist. I have currently drilled and doweled both sides and one more in the middle for added strength. I'll post before and after pictures when I get a chance.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So after disassembly, reattaching a disconnected lifter spring, and giving it a good cleaning, I started sanding. After getting it completely sanded I discovered 2 hairline cracks. One on each side of the wrist. I have currently drilled and doweled both sides and one more in the middle for added strength. I'll post before and after pictures when I get a chance.

My carbine has cracks in the very same place. It actually split the wood there.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the progress so far. I made one mistake and over drilled one hole. I decided the best fix was to go ahead and dowel it all the way through and make it look like the repair it is, rather than make it look like Bubba tried to fix a ding. The other 2 turned out perfectly and will never be visible when assembled.

i.imgur.com_w6xEiEK.jpg

i.imgur.com_c6dwsuI.jpg

i.imgur.com_H6yxFg1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom