Just found another project - Glenfield 75

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here you go, a week after I got it. I have reassembled the internals correctly, repaired the magazine tube (had to drive a rod down the outer tube to straighten it), polished the inner tube to remove all of the burs from it, fashioned a new front sling swivel screw using a modern swivel stud. Cleaned the years of gunk and grime out of the action and receiver. Repainted the receiver, front sight, and trigger guard. Sanded, repaired the cracked wrist, stained, and finished the stock. Replaced the missing front trigger guard screw and grommet. Replaced the rear action screw with the correct type. I still need the correct front action screw but this works for now.

It cycles perfectly by hand and leaves a strike on a spent case. Now just need to get it to the range.

i.imgur.com_u6yAWwL.jpg

i.imgur.com_neMHwBn.jpg

i.imgur.com_Z64m1yY.jpg

i.imgur.com_EE3OzT3.jpg

i.imgur.com_kL0FUVx.jpg

i.imgur.com_TsJ3gHs.jpg

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. As long as there is an interest I'll keep posting these as I find and fix them. At this point it's just a hobby. As labor intensive as these projects are I doubt most people would pay what it takes. That and I would be beside myself if I was doing this for someone else and made a mistake like on this one.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy reading about your projects, please keep posting them. My old Remington 341 is still at the Gunsmith...I will decide whether to refinish her or leave her be once he determines if he can either get or make the parts needed to reassemble the bolt correctly.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the progress so far. I made one mistake and over drilled one hole. I decided the best fix was to go ahead and dowel it all the way through and make it look like the repair it is, rather than make it look like Bubba tried to fix a ding. The other 2 turned out perfectly and will never be visible when assembled.

Now holt on a minute.....I resemble that remark!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got it to the range and man does she shoot. Good tight groups and sights are dead on @ 25 yards. Magazine works smooth and the stock doesn't move. Not a single malfunction in 100+ rounds.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice looking little gun. I've got my grandpa's Glenfield 75 that was made in 1964. The stock broke just the same way yours did back in the 80's, after a dozen or so repairs I had to buy a new stock for it. Don't shoot it too much anymore but when I do it's definitely a tack driver. I tried shooting 10/22's for awhile but always went back to my Marlins.

Latest posts

Top Bottom