Just FYI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I prefer Cholula for eggs such as omelets. I don't put hot sauce on my fried eggs.

I quit using Tabasco a long time ago. It has too much of a vinegar flavor. Louisiana, Frank's, Pete's, or others near the same are my usual go to hot sauce for most things.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tabasco was the only thing in the world that made B-1 UNIT HAM AND EGGS CHOPPED even semi palatable.

Remember those little bottles of Tabasco that we used to get in our MRE's? It was like the .Gov knew the the stuff was next to inedible so they threw a bottle of hot sauce in there so we could choke it down. That and about 6 squares of TP per MRE were the best part of the damn things.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember those little bottles of Tabasco that we used to get in our MRE's? It was like the .Gov knew the the stuff was next to inedible so they threw a bottle of hot sauce in there so we could choke it down.
I was told years ago that those bottles were included because the McIlhennys cut the gov't a serious deal on them. Apparently, that was because one of the McIlhennys was a Marine, and he remembered how awful the food was while he was overseas. (Seems like he was at Guadalcanal, but I could be mistaken about that.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom