Just got a DD PDW, only put one mag through it…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was amazing in every way except one: the bolt catch didn’t hold the bolt back on the last round.

I’ve only run one mag through the gun (Hornady 208gr bthp), is this something that will “break in” with more use? Or can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot? The only thing I’ve done to the PDW is install a Giesselle SSA-E.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
300 Bkl? I looked a a friends the other day. Lots of unburnt powder clogging up the bolt and barrel. The powder was yellow in the Hornady black. His all Aero gun wouldn’t lock the bolt back either. Check yours out but I’m leaning towards and ammo issue. Or, at least partly to blame?
Same ammo too. 208 Hornady black

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
300 Bkl? I looked a a friends the other day. Lots of unburnt powder clogging up the bolt and barrel. The powder was yellow in the Hornady black. His all Aero gun wouldn’t lock the bolt back either. Check yours out but I’m leaning towards and ammo issue. Or, at least partly to blame?
Yeah I’m pretty sure the PDW only comes in 300 BLK. I just went to the range a bit ago and haven’t stripped and cleaned the gun yet. I’ll look for unburnt powder. I’d be interested to run some 125gr supers through it to see if it runs it better, but I plan on getting a can for mine so I’ll be running subs 99% of the time. Most will be custom loads so hopefully I can work out a “recipe” that shoots clean subs in this gun.

I would love to be able to buy 500 rounds of ammo and go really test this thing out, but unfortunately my ammo budget has been slashed due to the recent acquisition of a triji ACOG for my Colt M4…

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you already that the gun is gonna be dirty though. It’s my primary home defense gun so it got a fresh mag put in as soon as I got home. Hit the bolt release and it failed to fully seat, had to use the forward assist.

I guess it’s time to get to cleaning 😂

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
938287A5-1384-4D70-B933-D9FB646B59B7.jpeg

You weren’t kidding about that stuff being yellow. It was everywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom