Just got a Makarov!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found this sitting on the bottom shelf in a pawn shop here in Stillwater and I couldn't resist after another customer pointed it out. It was covered in some kind of gross ear wax slime on the inside and had regular old gunk all over, but I think I've cleaned it up nice enough. Came with no magazines, so that's a real bummer.

I don't know much about it, but the guy who first saw it said it must be an original military issue because of the fixed rear sight, but I can't read Russian, so he might just be full of it.

Anybody know how I can tell what kind of model it is?

028c5f842d4feb320527373f874ce738.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Try Numrich gun parts for the magazines, they have good prices on used magz I found some for a Titan2 tanfoglio for $20 and the cheapest I had found to that point was $43. Is that 9mm or 9x18? Can't tell from the pic.

I believe from the pic that is a Bulgarian makarov!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The gunk is prolly cosmoline !!! preservative put on guns before going into long term storage and shipping over seas.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try Numrich gun parts for the magazines, they have good prices on used magz I found some for a Titan2 tanfoglio for $20 and the cheapest I had found to that point was $43. Is that 9mm or 9x18? Can't tell from the pic.

I believe from the pic that is a Bulgarian makarov!!

I agree. Not Soviet.

Could you post a higher resolution image, especially of the markings?

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Numrich for a mag or two (or six, whatever). I'm thinking it's a Bulgarian based on the circle stamp. Mine is Bulgarian as well.

Just checked, the markings match up; yours is Bulgarian. Mine has a serial number starting with 20, and my research from back in the day says that means 1980 production. I'm thinking yours starting at 29 means 1989 production. Mine has a "KT" prefix, so I'm guessing different production facility.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Numrich for a mag or two (or six, whatever). I'm thinking it's a Bulgarian based on the circle stamp. Mine is Bulgarian as well.

Just checked, the markings match up; yours is Bulgarian. Mine has a serial number starting with 20, and my research from back in the day says that means 1980 production. I'm thinking yours starting at 29 means 1989 production. Mine has a "KT" prefix, so I'm guessing different production facility.

Just got off work for the day. I'll take another picture in a sec. I do remember it has a circle with the number 10 inside it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom