Just got my Rock Island 10mm 1911 today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got it in, cleaned all the factory gunk out of it and she's kinda ready to run. Recoil spring is a booger but that's ok. I've seen this before with a new gun not wanting to eject or chamber shells out of the box. A lot of racking and use fixes it but I was surprised how much issue I was having. It's either the gun or the mags that need's broke in and maybe both. Have racked it till my arms are sore and loaded the mags full and that's the way they'll stay all night. Also racked the slide and locked it back for the night.
Now I'll just drop 50 to 100 rounds tomorrow and see how she breaks in. If I don't see results soon, I'm done with the 10mm. Never owned one and wanted it to run like a scalded cat. Lets see if she does.
My RI 10.jpg

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a RIA in 9mm a couple of weeks ago, and have had no problems. I’ve run about 400 rds of various mfg, and I’m quite pleased. I have experienced the same with their 45s also. Never messed with 10mm, but don’t give up too early.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT field strip this gun and clean it until it locks up on you from the crud. If you can't wait that long, at least wait until you get 500-700 rounds down range. Just punch the bore and add a little oil to the rails.
RI factory mags are junk, get you some Wilson's.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sighted her in today and she ran like a rabbit. Man that was fun. Zero issues with feeding or ejecting except with the factory 8 round mag that came with it. The Wilson combat 9 rd, mags ran flawlessly as expected. I always get the Wilsons when I buy a single stack 1911. They are tops. Target don't look that great but I got her where I wanted her even with the blazer 180 grain at 10 yds. Man I had a fun day.
RI zero.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom