Just had firearm confiscated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I just went to Vegas last month and I was kinda worried about that as well until I found out our resort doesn't do daily housekeeping. We could ask for fresh towels, but its more like renting an apartment for a few days instead of a hotel. Each room comes stocked with cleaning supplies so you can clean up your own messes. Still, if I or my wife was not in the room, neither was my firearm. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but had we I would have probably put the gun in the safe.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TX has a good GOA presence with a young woman heading up the TX chapter.
I'd give them a call.

Do you have their info? I have tried contacting Don Spencer to see what he thought. I am also going to talk to my Uncle who is on the NRA Board to see if he had suggestions. When booking verbally or walk in, they are required to notify verbally or with a card informing of policy, and when I was getting my receipt a gentleman walked in without a reservation and was not informed, so I don't think this place is really in compliance in any aspect.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I just went to Vegas last month and I was kinda worried about that as well until I found out our resort doesn't do daily housekeeping. We could ask for fresh towels, but its more like renting an apartment for a few days instead of a hotel. Each room comes stocked with cleaning supplies so you can clean up your own messes. Still, if I or my wife was not in the room, neither was my firearm. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but had we I would have probably put the gun in the safe.

Well it is ridiculous that they confiscated it but I can't imagine leaving a gun in a hotel nightstand when I'm not in the room.

I don't trust them, but will start traveling with my own. I never did leave the room without a gun, but I did leave one in the room. Two is one, one is none. Rooms here range from $430 a night to over a $1k for a suite, plus more if you want breakfast included etc. so I assumed that it would be safe to leave in the nightstand. They have a $100k Lexus available for guests, and about every piece of luggage rolled in was Gucci, Fendi, or LV, and every room comes with concierge service. Like I said, I felt like Jethro Clampet, but enjoyed myself. Think Four Seasons or Waldorf level, not the kind of place items left in room disappear. Usually stay at Omni, or Ayatole but splurged for our anniversary.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what the parking lot laws in TX are compared to OK, but I also would not have handed over my firearm to a private security guard. Wife could have stayed in the room, I would have gone down the road to Motel 6.

Not saying you made the wrong choice, everyone has their own line in the sand, they have to decided for themselves where that is.

However, I can tell you that the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Lake will never be on my list of places to visit. Thanks for giving me the heads' up.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what the parking lot laws in TX are compared to OK, but I also would not have handed over my firearm to a private security guard. Wife could have stayed in the room, I would have gone down the road to Motel 6.

Not saying you made the wrong choice, everyone has their own line in the sand, they have to decided for themselves where that is.

However, I can tell you that the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Lake will never be on my list of places to visit. Thanks for giving me the heads' up.

There might have been something in the car as well, but it was valet parked. It's also a good thing they didnt check my suitcase...but I wasn't leaving my wife alone in the room on our anniversary. Had it been earlier in the day, we both would have left for the Hilton, but it was 9pm.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There might have been something in the car as well, but it was valet parked. It's also a good thing they didnt check my suitcase...but I wasn't leaving my wife alone in the room on our anniversary. Had it been earlier in the day, we both would have left for the Hilton, but it was 9pm.

So when did they do your maid service??? That they brought this up at 9PM???

Just one more ****** example of our f***ed up society, where in TX some officious prick of a hotel manager finds it necessary to intrude on a paying guest's personal life for absolutely no reason, no benefit and only served to spread more division and bad blood.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So when did they do your maid service??? That they brought this up at 9PM???

Just one more ****** example of our f***ed up society, where in TX some officious prick of a hotel manager finds it necessary to intrude on a paying guest's personal life for absolutely no reason, no benefit and only served to spread more division and bad blood.

Its done twice a day. Room was cleaned while we were at pool, we ran a few errands in the loaner Lexus (LC500H, starts at $97k) from 4-630/7, and turn down service was performed in that time. Didnt even put F*** chocolates on the pillow. I assume it was done during turn down service, and they realized we were in the room when room service was delivered, since it was not long (minutes maybe?) after that.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who gives a **** how nice the place is or how fancy their loaner cars are? You keep saying that as to brag. To me, you got humbly screwed and lost control of a piece of your hard earned property. Yes, they may have given it back but you lost physical possession. What happened if they turned it over to the cops? You going to go back down there and get another hotel room and a lawyer to try to get it back?

NO ONE CARES HOW MUCH $ YOU HAVE or SPENT ON YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!!

You seem to think this is ok, so it must be. This is frustrating. You speak of being and seemingly a little unhappy, and then You justify by saying it’s only for a night, it’s a nice place, yada yada yada. Either you’re pissed as hell or you were good with it. I’m out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom